Quantity Discounts, dont appear to be possible

I customize my customers products. As a result, the price changes with quantity ordered. Also, the shipping cost changes with product and quantity because it weighs more.
I can change the Options to reflect quantity and price, but the customer has still only purchased one item. If they select x25 QTY which is a much lower price than x5 QTY, but if they then select x10 QTY, the result will be an order for x250 QTY. Also they will be charged for x10 shipping charges…all this, is of course wrong…what is the fix for this please.

1 Like

Use the variations feature - once you’ve published the listing up for a single item you will see a ‘add or edit variations’ button on the right hand side when you are looking at the listing. Then add variations for multi packs of 5, 10, 25 etc items Here’s the blog entry on how to set up variations.

1 Like

As far as the postage is concerned you need to put something in the ‘additional items’ box in the postage section. At the moment your customer will pay full postage on every item ordered, but if, for example, you put 0.50 in the box then they will pay 1 lot of full postage and an extra 50p for every additional item. If you don’t want to charge any extra postage for additonal items then you need to put 0.00 in the additional items box.

2 Likes

I did this as follows:
Qty of 1-piece price 9.50
Qty of 10-piece price 19.00
Qty of 25-piece price 39.00

But the buyer must not alter the quantity on the purchasing page, or it messes up. Also, the shipping price does not change with the Quantity ordered. For stainless Steel items 1-piece is less to post because it is light. 25 piece is much heavier so the shipping should be higher. Unfortunately, there is a Fixed Shipping Price per order and this is wrong.

1 Like

Add the difference in shipping cost between the pack sizes into the item price.

1 Like

I understand the Additional Items and it works as long as the purchaser increases the quantity, but here is the problem:

For a quantity of 1-piece, the price is £9.50 because I need of the Set-Up required. If I show £9.50 on the shop, nobody will buy it because it it too high I did put “Quantity Discount…see Options. Price for one is high because of Set-Up cost”. I should put this price as £0.00 but then they would order x100 for free, which does not work.

The Options are as follows:

1. First Line: Please NOTE: only select a quantity of 1-piece at the checkout after selecting below
  2. Second Line: Quantity of 1-piece-We have to do all the tooling for 1-piece £9.50
  3. Third Line: Quantity of 10-piece £19.00
  4. Forth Line: Quantity of 25-piece £39.00

So the purchaser can order the correct quantity at the correct price, but the additional shipping cost/item does not keep track with the quantity ordered…this is a problem.

Here is how to solve the problem:
The unit price should change according to the quantity ordered at checkout

• Each time the quantity is increased, the unit price should decrease but the shipping should increase, (in this example £.50/item…this is just for example)
  • The purchaser can increase the quantity purchased (I need to know this for inventory) and can see how the Unit price changes with quantity ordered.
  • In fact, there should be a Base for Setup of say (just for example) £7.00 and a price for 1-piece of £2.50. The setup does not change with quantity ordered, but the shipping should increase and the unit price should decrease.

This is the only way to do this. As there are many sellers that customize their products, this would benefit all of them.

Thanks

Greetings Sasha:
I understand the Additional Items and it works as long as the purchaser increases the quantity, but here is the problem:

For a quantity of 1-piece, the price is £9.50 because of the Set-Up required. If I show £9.50 on the shop, nobody will buy it because it it too high I did put “Quantity Discount…see Options. Price for one is high because of Set-Up cost”. I should put this price as £0.00 but then they would order x100 for free, which does not work.

The Options are as follows:

1. First Line: Please NOTE: only select a quantity of 1-piece at the checkout after selecting below
  2. Second Line: Quantity of 1-piece-We have to do all the tooling for 1-piece £9.50
  3. Third Line: Quantity of 10-piece £19.00
  4. Forth Line: Quantity of 25-piece £39.00

So the purchaser can order the correct quantity at the correct price, but the additional shipping cost/item does not keep track with the quantity ordered because the system thinks only one item has been placed…this is a problem.

Here is how to solve the problem:
The unit price should change according to the quantity ordered at checkout

• Each time the quantity is increased, the unit price should decrease but the shipping should increase, (in this example £.50/item…this is just for example)
  • The purchaser can increase the quantity purchased (I need to know this for inventory) and can see how the Unit price changes with quantity ordered.
  • In fact, there should be a Base for Setup of say (just for example) £7.00 and a price for 1-piece of £2.50. The setup does not change with quantity ordered, but the shipping should increase and the unit price should decrease.
  • This way, I will be able to keep track of the quantity ordered for inventory control
  • In fact the price for an item in the shop display should say Price £2.50 + Setup £7.00. As the quantity is increased, the unit price should decrease.

This is the only way to do this. As there are many sellers that customize their products, this would benefit all of them.

Thanks

1 Like

You can suggest changes to the way folksy works via the user voice Suggested Features: Hot (248 ideas) – Folksy Support & Knowledge Base
All my jewellery are one offs and not something that would ever be bought in multiples so what you are suggesting is not applicable to what i make/ sell.

1 Like

One last question Sasha:

Question1:
Am I correct, that the current way Folksy works, will not work the way I (and others) need it to work

QUASTION2:
How long will it take for Folksy to make the changes, or who I should ask, is there a direct contact

Sincerely, thank you so much for taking the time to help.

well, I tried to send comments to Hot (248 ideas) – Folksy Support & Knowledge Base
but the system told me that my email and password was incorrect…which is false. No idea what to do next.

As you have a plus account, maybe it would be easier to just create seperate listings for different quantities and then you can add the appropriate p&p.

2 Likes

Greetings KBCreations:

Yes, I thought about doing this. If I have a listing for a 25-piece of a product in the Options, the quantity would be x1 in the Shopping Card Window. I dont see a way of seeing if the sale would deduct x25 from the current inventory or just 1. This would be a problem for Inventory management because the system would only deduct 1-item from the available inventory…is this true or not.

If the customer wanted 30-piece, they would have to purchase the 25-piece and a 5-piece on different orders
There is no way around this…the Folksy system is wrong.

Anybody can sell a custom products on the current platform, but not for quantities such as Custom Engraved quantities, with decreasing pricing as the quantity increased and the shipping on additions would also have to track.

I did try contacting Hot (248 ideas) – Folksy Support & Knowledge Base
but when I entered my email and password, the Folksy system advised that the information was wrong…which is not the case.

How can I advise the system for these changes, when the checking for credentials has a bug…please advise, thanks for your support.

Question 1: I don’t believe the way Folksy is set up will ever work the way you need it to work
Question 2: I suspect that the changes you would need making to the site to do what you want it to do would require a significant rewrite of the coding so it could be a very long wait. (none of the market places for art/craft that I have ever sold on have had a pricing set up like the one you are describing)

1 Like

It’s not your Folksy email which you need here. Try going in as Facebook which is what i had to do recently. It surprised me as i have never had to before but it did work.

1 Like

I need to know the answer to this:
If I setup a listing for x25 pieces and the customer selected it…would the system deduct 1-piece from the existing inventory, or 25-piece? I do not have a way of testing this Off-Line.

Let me know if you know the answer please, thanks for your support.

1 Like

It will and can only deduct 1.
It can only deduct the quantity entered in the quantity box, It can only do what it is programmed to do .

I think that what you are asking is to be honest far more complicated than would ever be added to Folksy… especially as i am not aware in 15 years of anyone asking for this before. Sorry but pretty sure that is the answer you dont want to hear. xx

2 Likes

I know:
I would have to make a Box-Set for say (6-piece) and that would have a single price. When the Box-Set is sold, the system would deduct one Box-Set from inventory instead of the individual items the box contained.

Thank you for helping me Kim, I think this will work. I will have to do all the pictures again, but a small price for success, right…thank you so much Kim, you are a great help.

2 Likes

Greetings Joy:

I have resisted Social Media and dont have a Facebook account, but it looks like I will have to get one. I am surprised that my Folksy credentials would not work here.

However, thank you for your kind return and advise…

1 Like

If you want to sell on Folksy then you will need to promote yourself. Social media one type or the other is the only way to do that really.

Think you can sign in with Google instead of FB though.

1 Like

I think you are so right Joy…

Because I am a Master Engraver, I now have all the equipment to engrave “anything” on “anything”. I also think that Customization sets us apart from the standard products sold. Folksy has a lot of shops now that sell customized jewelry , for example.

Your shop name of JOYofGLASS would tell me that you sell a variety of Glass Products (I am so cleaver…LOL). What if I were to engrave custom work for your customers, would that be a selling advantage?

I think I have a fix for my problem and will instigate a solution tomorrow…thank you so much Joy for all your kind support and especially the two kisses…thank you.

2 Likes