Ravelry help from pattern makers

I offer a few of my knitting patterns via my shop but I have potential American customers via a Craft forum who are asking to buy one of my patterns but they keep asking me to do it via Ravelry.

I don’t have an account on Ravelry so I can’t access their accounts to even send them a paypal invoice.

Any suggestions. I’ve given them links to my Folksy shop but they are having problems for some reasons trying to access Folksy.

In Ravelry you will have to create an account as a designer so you can sell your patterns. It might worth looking into it so you don’t lose sales.

Can’t you send those customers a PP invoice by giving you their PP email address? What’s the problem they are having with Folksy so they can’t buy from here?

For some reason she couldn’t even get into folksy via a folky link or a link to my shop.

But in the end she send me her email address via the knitting forum’s pm system and has since paid my paypal invoice. So I’ve emailed her back with the pdf knitting pattern attachment.

Thanks for answering I was having real difficulties last night but sorted it in the wee hours of this morning.

So my customer never did see my patterns on Folksy in the end.

That’s strange. I would type those links in various browsers and see if you can get in…

Yep I know I can get in via firefox and via IE

But this woman was in America and I wonder if it was something wrong at her end.

Eileen @EileensCraftStudio I am finding that lots of US based sites are very slow at the moment.
I think that security has become a big issue over there because of various world situations.
Ebay and Etsy seem to be incredibly slow to load most days at the moment.
So maybe the reverse is true and your American lady was finding Folksy slow to load etc.

Shirley x

ahhh good point Shirley

as I know a couple of months ago a couple of the American ladies commandment on how nice my shop was. So they must have been able to click the link in my signature to get to my shop ok then.

1 Like