Share your High Fives!

I love your tag line “One girl armed with a scalpel, fuelled with tea, a bit of OCD and lots of patience!” Fab!

3 Likes

Hi is that a questions for me?

Apologies for the reply if its not!

I sent up an ad with a Christmas Card competition on FB to reach more people. I did it over 24 hours and over the day and into the next day I reached 100 likes. I target people who are interested in zoology and crafts. So for example if someone likes ZSL then they probably like animals and hopefully my stuff! It cost about $15 but was worth it just to look established if you know what I mean?

I might do it again in November, but I find boosting posts is much cheaper! Though results in less direct clicks…ie. they like the picture not necessarily my actual page but it still helps I think. I spent $11 this week boosting a picture of my Rudolph with attitude Christmas Card - I targeted again zoology interests e.g. San Diego Zoo over 24 hours and it reached 2500 people with 58 clicks…I’m just experimenting at the moment… don’t really want to spend more money…

Sorry I know this is not a high five post…I’ll stop blabbering on now!

3 Likes

Very helpful though Jennifer @talkofthetownparties! Thanks for the advice - I’ve tried boosting a couple of FB posts for £3 and £2 so far and seem to get very little response but I’m guessing perseverance and repetition is the key as in so many other areas of business.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely just keep experimenting, it can be so hit or miss!

1 Like

PASSED THE 400 MARK - WOOHOO! THANKS #folksy
https://folksy.com/shops/Magicinthegrass

6 Likes

I only opened my little shop on Folksy around 2 weeks ago & I’ve now had 4 sales! So so pleased!

I listed a necklace at teatime today & it sold after about 3 hours!!!

runs around the room doing a happy dance - looking like a loon

huge big cheesy grin :smile:

10 Likes

I have just had my 30 th sale here on folksy! And I’m disproportionally delighted especially as IT is a bit of a mystery to me. I’m much happier with a blowtorch and hammer than a computer.
I really like the Folksy community and how supportive everyone is. The tips on photography have been especially useful.
Do please have a look at my jewellery- there is a bit of passion hammered into every piece. Folksy.com/silverhares.
X Diane

7 Likes

I’ve just had my tenth sale on Folksy! Not many compared to a lot of people, but I’m still very happy!! :blush:

7 Likes

I opened my Folksy shop a month ago and just had my first sale at the weekend, so feeling encouraged :smile:

8 Likes

Hi. Lovely to discover your feed! Not sure if it’s something you High Five but I’ve just added another 63 cards to our gorgeous greeting card page. We hope you feel it’s worth a share. There are some fab new Christmas cards there too :grinning:

6 Likes

Hi
Had my first sale in September but was disappointed not to be able to use feedback (guest buyer)

1 Like

Just wanted to say I’ve had my first jewellery sale in my shop! Hooray!! It was for my funny glow in the dark Skeleton earrings Amanda aka Bowerbird Designs/Jewellery!

4 Likes

Passed the 400 mark and still 100% positive feedback! High fives to me!!
https://folksy.com/shops/Magicinthegrass

7 Likes

Hi! I’ve just taken the plunge and set up a Folksy shop to sell my illustrations (after years of deliberating and not having the confidence to do it). Within minutes of sharing the link amongst my Facebook friends I’d made my first ever online sale. Safely packaged up and sent off to the good old US of A.

Such a confidence boost-thank you Folksy!

Beth x

10 Likes

Hiya i fort i would share my good news with you all, as on monday i made my first sale.
it was an order to make a - needle felted moon gazing hare !!
I hope this will be the start of many sales to come - so if you are looking for a Hare to adorn your nature table or book case - then look no further than owning one of these cheeky one off unique hares
http://folksy.com/shops/Essenceoftranquility

I woud also like to introduce myself im Caron and a newbie shop to folksy im looking forward to conecting with you all x

7 Likes

I’ve just been asked to continue into next year with my popular Great Artist tutorial series for the Dolls House and Miniature Scene magazine. Apparently it’s very popular with the readers and editors alike - I’ve been beaming from ear to ear all day :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Delighted to report my 30th sale here today! I love finding and buying special items from UK artisans here myself. Really pleased other people are seeking out and enjoying my work on Folksy too.

Bee

5 Likes

Pleased to have had my 50th sale here yesterday. It makes my day to imagine someone enjoying wearing jewellery that I’ve made!

4 Likes

I’m so happy - a century of Folksy sales. I just hit 100

5 Likes

I gave my Folksy Shop a bit of TLC today and hit my 570th sale within a couple of hours! (I went over the 500 mark sometime last year) Loving the new Shop Activity feature. A new item listed today has been added to a Gift Guide already and it’s lovely to see new items being faved within minutes.

2 Likes