Share Your Folksy High Fives 2023

Our ‘Folksy High Fives’ is going to look a bit different this year! We’ll still be sharing your good news on our socials, from meet ups to milestone sales, but we won’t be sharing them as one big post every Wednesday as we’ve done in the past.

We love celebrating your wins and it’s been lovely seeing you cheer each other on in the forums. So we’re making a new High Fives thread for 2023 where you can still post about your wins and celebrate together.

Use this space to tell us your good news - what have you achieved lately in your creative endeavours that you’re proud of? It can be big or small! Maybe you’ve reached a milestone sale, found a new stockist, or are trying out a new embroidery stitch? Did you take part in an exhibition or been featured in the press?

Whatever it is that’s got you doing a happy dance, we want to know! :sparkles: :rainbow:

You can also use the hashtag #folksyhighfives on social media - we’ll be looking for posts to share there as well as on the forums!

5 Likes

Finally got round to visiting Fred Aldous in Sheffield. I defy anyone not to go into this shop and buy a little bit of something. Worth a visit.

came back with a pom-pom maker, did I go in saying I want a pom pom maker NO!!! :rofl:

8 Likes

May I share a very little high five please? I’ve listed two cards in the last few days and both of them have sold today, one of them I only listed this afternoon, I know two sales in one day isn’t much but for me it’s massive :grin: happy dancing here.

9 Likes

congratulations. :grinning:

So thrilled to have reached my 400th sale on Folksy

5 Likes

I am so thrilled. Sold 4 cards today! It’s been a long wait, but I feel that people are finally cautiously buying again as I made a couple of sales before Christmas too. I’m glad I’ve stuck with Folksy -thanks guys. Good luck to you all in 2023 & may it bring you many sales.

5 Likes

Now that’s a high five :raised_hands:

Well done :clap: that’s fab :blush:

They are a great small company, not managed to actually visit the shop yet, but bought online.

1 Like

I have a little high five / milestone to share. Talk about kettles boiling, paint drying, but I have finally hit 300 sales.
(All power to the lovely customer who just bought a flurry of sales items!) xx

5 Likes

Congratulations Petra :partying_face:
Hahaha, kettles boiling and paint drying :rofl: - it can definitely feel like that when you’re waiting to hit a milestone figure!

1 Like

You get it!

1 Like

Hello,

It seems so strange to high-5 myself but I am genuinely excited that I launched my Folksy shop a couple of days ago as I had previously been quite scared about doing it and not having a clue where to begin. I also love how my photos look on this site, it’s really spurred me on to feature them on Facebook and Twitter too - so thank you.

I’m not sure if I should add my link here, but if anyone is interested then I sell lots of photographs of London and around the UK: https://folksy.com/shops/townabout

5 Likes

I’ve had a very productive start to the year, In January I managed to restock my bear making kits, 28 boxes in total, I’ve also made 4 new bears and some new design wool felt embroidered flat bears. I’ve been working day and night but definately been worth it…my biggest achievement, actually completing a bear from me to me that I have promised myself for 9 years.

3 Likes

Great to hear Lynne x

2 Likes

Congratulations, lovely news

1 Like

Thank you x

1 Like

I reached 10 sales this weekend which I’m super happy with. Although I’ve had this shop nearly a year I haven’t done much making or promotion due to various life issues. Hopefully I can throw myself into it much more this year :blush:

5 Likes

Congratulations Emma. Your shop is gorgeous. Really beautiful work.

1 Like

congratulations thats brilliant. :grinning:

1 Like