Folksy Ltd

Sharing feedback

(Roz) #1

I have just received some lovely feedback and was wondering what was acceptable regarding using it in promotion. I would like to copy it onto other sites like facebook but would I need to ask the person permission first? Whenever I have received feedback i wanted to share before I have always asked as it has been for custom made portraits and I have been in conversation with the customer anyway but this was for a ready made item.

Any thoughts?

(Margaret Jackson) #2

If someone were to want to use feedback I’d given for promotion I’d like to be asked first, I think it’s the polite thing to do before you use someone else’s words to promote your items. That’s how I feel about it anyway. I’m sure you’d get a positive response but I think it’s always best to check.

(Bobbys Boutique) #3

I think it depends on how the feedback was received. If it was received in a private message, then I’d definitely ask permission. If it was left on Folksy or posted to a website, then it’s already public, so I guess it would be fine to use it. If in doubt, there’s no harm in checking <3

(Lizzie Gillum, Bedfordshire, Uk ) #4

It can’t hurt to ask first - the person will appreciate that you did. The worst that can happen, is that they’ll say no - and if you ask nicely and express your appreciation for their great custom and lovely feedback, why would they say no? You can make it clear that you won’t disclose their personal details - even down to changing the name if they prefer.