Shop Views

Hi everyone,
I am not sure if I am understanding my shop stats on Folksy correctly. The green circle shows the views for the previous day, then it lists the top most popular views comparing weeks. Is the total views on the right hand side for each item from when I opened my shop as these seem very low.

Esterina xx

The view counter seems to have not been working very well lately, so I wouldn’t take too much notice of them. Google analytics is a more reliable way of keeping track of views.

1 Like

I’ve had 355 views according to Google Analytics and only 6 on the Folksy counter :confused: I’m going with Google :wink:

3 Likes

If only I didn’t keep forgetting my password for google analytics :slight_smile:

Hi Louisa
I agree about counter not working! Seems I have no views for almost a week and I KNOW this is not correct.
Google Analytic so much better way to get accurate details.
Disheartening if you think nobody has looked :frowning:
Moira

Hi, I look at both because it’s easier for me to get an idea of what people are actually looking at in Folksy stats (haven’t worked out how to do that in Google yet). But Google Analytics is much more accurate for numbers of viewings, New vs Returning, Bounce Rate (where people just back straight out again and don’t explore further), etc.

Regards
Carol

I am getting zero views from both Folksy and Google Analytics… I thought it was a bug (it has to be, right?!) but I have to remind myself I only reopened my shop yesterday after a verrry long hiatus. Congrats, Bird and Monkey, on all the GA views!!!

1 Like

@raspberryrocket - Hannah, when did you set up your Google Analytics? If it was only yesterday/day before, give it a few days to get the registration up and running and stats collected.
If it was ages ago, when you used to have your shop, perhaps it’s kind-of gone dormant… Not sure how to resurrect it, other than trying to get reports etc. However, you could double-check that you have all your settings right and the correct link / reference for your Folksy shop?
Good luck anyway!
Lizzie

am I the only one that never bothers with these statistics? I have no idea how many people fave my shop or look at my items…what is important to me is how many people BUY? Am I strange?..lol

1 Like