Folksy Ltd

Shops that have had no sales yet - Promote Here

One of the bangles I have made recently. Can be made to order if you have a specific size or type of wood.

Thanks

Andy T

1 Like

I’m quite new to Folksy and still haven’t had a sale. I sell handmade and hand painted beanie hats for men, women and kids, also daddy and me, and mummy and me matching sets.

Winter is here now, how about a lovely short, chunky and warm scarf? The button allows you to have a variable collar

Hi there, I started my folksy shop earlier this month and have yet to have a sale (and do a little happy dance). I sell handmade crochet blankets, hats and accessories for babies and toddlers.https://folksy.com/items/7227626-Crochet-star-baby-blanket

3 Likes

I signed up for another year back in November '18, but still have yet to sell anything! I have to admit, it’s really hard to get enthusiastic some mornings, but I keep on adding items and advertise them on FB, twitter, Insta etc. One day…one day…

Vogue%202165-web

2 Likes
2 Likes

So, several weeks after I first saw the lovely bag by @onesweetiepea, shared it on my Fb page and it sold, it’s my birthday today and what do you think I have received in a parcel from my daughter? The very same gorgeous bag! :smiley::smiley::smiley: I can only think that my daughter saw it and bought it for me at the time, I will ask her later when she phones. I am over the moon that @onesweetiepea got a sale and I got such a lovely bag, perfect for my needs. xxx

3 Likes

How funny & lovely at the same time, @plumporridge! I recall she said the bag was for her mum! I am glad you like it. :grinning:
Feel free to leave some feedback on my facebook page. My sales are non-existant, though probably my own fault as I’m a bit slow mastering social media. Since your daughter had her brainwave of buying the bag for you, I’ve only sold one other & that was on… ahem… another site… (whispers fleabay :zipper_mouth_face:)
Happy birthday - I hope you had a lovely day. :clinking_glasses::birthday::cake::champagne:

EDIT: I have just seen you have already commented on my Facebook page! Many thanks, @plumporridge - you are very kind. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m feeling hopeful that this will be my year here. I have taken the leap to be a full on member and paying £5.00 a month for the unlimited listings.

How long did it take you to get your first sales?

1 Like

Complete newbie, so no folksy sales as yet (Well not here. Shhh, other outlets are used)

Anyone willing, who can help promote Kuriology on FaceBook would be a real bonus, as
(i) I live rural area with no mobile signal
(ii) Disabled housebound, so mobile pointless
(iii) No mobile, so can’t have Facebook: It’s FB rule thing!)

Oi, put that violin down, am not that helpless…here’s a sample of Kuriology items

Gift for mother

Hi, no folksy sales for me as yet… I make all sorts, as long as I get to use my beloved sewing machine! My latest listing is this pretty mini bunting. https://folksy.com/items/7264897-Mini-bunting-vintage-style-broderie-anglaise

Hello all :smile:
I hope it is okay for me to post here as I did have a few sales in Dec 2018 but have been quiet since and am struggling to know what to do about it!
I list semi regularly as I don’t want to do it too often if I am not selling, although need a good shop display to get interest…bit of a vicious circle!
I am working on photos, tags and am promoting my work and others on Pinterest/Instagram and am often on the Folksy Forum but still nothing as yet.
Quite frustrating, am considering signing up to Facebook although really not sure.
I only sell on Folksy and am still learning how everything works, probably should try Etsy!?
Any suggestions would be so appreciated :wink:
Just a few of my items for anyone who wishes to check out my shop!

Thanks for taking the time to read my message x

1 Like

@ArtilyEverCrafter - your message could have been written by me!

Since opening my shop last August, I have only sold 4 items, 2 of which were to friends, so a pretty abysmal record! I am trying to promote myself on social media & have been concentrating on Instagram & am now trying to use pinterest (BTW, I think I pinned your bird pendant to one of my boards - it looks familiar & I’m naturally drawn to birdie items!)

I find Facebook difficult to use. Before coming to Folksy, I tried over at the ‘dark side’ but felt totally invisible as my items were not even showing up in the shop searches. Folksy seems a much nicer place to be.

Every so often I wonder if I should just give up, as all I am succeeding in doing is increasing my clutter with a pile of unsold bags! The only thing that keeps me going is that I do actually enjoy sewing.

So I can’t really offer any suggestions, apart from keep doing what you are doing because your items are lovely!

2 Likes

Hi @onesweetiepea, thank you for the comments.
I’m glad I am not the only one who feels like this!
It really is frustrating isn’t it, this whole social media lark is all new to me but it seems to be the thing to do these days!
I am not yet on Facebook but I am put off by the trouble some people seem to have with it, although Instagram seems pretty good.
Folksy is really supportive, I haven’t tried anywhere else yet but I may have to soon.
I hope you don’t give up, you have some lovely pieces, I have favourited some of your bird bags (I too love birds and could watch them all day!) but you’re right, you have to keep on making and creating, especially if it makes you happy.
Good luck to you with your sales
Maria :smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words, Maria. :slight_smile:
I have budgies so am a little biased when it comes to birdie themes.
I can see with Instagram/Twitter/Pinterest, how a following can gradually be built, but Facebook still puzzles me!

1 Like

I’ve had 3 sales since being on Folksy, I keep trying to bring people over from Faceache, Pinterest and Instagram but people get comfy with what they know.

3 Likes

I haven’t sold anything yet :disappointed:

I’m on instagram & get a lot of positive feedback but I suppose it’s still early days.

https://folksy.com/shops/foxandbumble

1 Like

Pinned Barn Owl on my board ‘Folksy Cool Things For You’ :+1:

Hi @ArtilyEverCrafter I’ve posted your shop link on a Pin board I’ve just started ‘Folksy Cool Things For You’ :+1:

1 Like