Site not secure?

Just tested on a Mac using Safari no problems.

I am using chrome on an android tablet and I had the message now at 21.25 on sat evening when trying to re list

I’ve had it today relisting, looking up a username and pretty much every step of deleting an order.
I don’t get it when I click the edit button, but do when saving the edits.
So it seems general browsing is fine, but it doesn’t like saving or performing an action.
I haven’t had any problems on the shopkeeping page.

I haven’t done any Windows updates lately. Can’t find anywhere that shows when Chrome last updated, but the most recent date on files in my program files > Google is the 5th (it was working fine for me yesterday, support got 1 report of something like this yesterday).

I just updated the Chrome browser on my phone to 87.0.4280.101 and the error is coming up there now as well, so that’s now on Windows 7 and MIUI 10.2 it’s not working for me.

Looking at the inspect security page
Everything looks fine on the page:

Click the button to perform an action:

Click “send anyway” and get this for 1 second before it loads and goes back to all green.

Hello – just letting you all know that I’m still trying to work this out.

1 Like

Right! I’ve figured out what the issue is, I think.
I’m having a look at the best solution now – I’ll report back when I’ve made some progress.
Thanks so much for bearing with us!

3 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work Doug.

2 Likes

I’ve applied a fix to all the interactions around the shopping basket and that all seems to have worked.
So I’m going to continue making changes to the rest of the codebase and keep testing that things are gradually working in Chrome, again.
I’ll let you know when everything is completely as it should be!
Thanks again for your patience.
Doug.

3 Likes

I am getting the ssme when relisting

Hello again – I’m going to have to stop and have a bit of a sleep, now, as I’m tired and making dumb mistakes! :slight_smile:
I’ve got most things working again. Anything that affects the basket, checkout, listing and editing items, marking orders as shipped.
There could be a couple of other forms that present the message in the latest version of Chrome. I’ll do an exhaustive search for them once I’ve had a bit of rest but if you could list any you come across here, that would be brilliant.
Just by way of reassurance, the issue wasn’t really any sort of security issue. I tracked it down to our routing code sometimes returning the results of operations (like relist) in a way that the updated Chrome browser didn’t like. The work I’m doing, now, is working through these operations when I can identify them and fixing them.
I’m going to grab a couple of hours, now.
Thanks again,
Doug.

9 Likes

I’ve just relisted some items and am not longer getting the site insecure message.

1 Like

Hello again – I’ve worked through what I think are all the remaining instances of this possible error, today.
Hopefully that’s it but if anybody spots it anywhere else please do let us know through support and they’ll ring, and wake, me up! :slight_smile:
Your help in reporting and detailing the issue really was invaluable and your patience, as always, is really appreciated.
Thanks very much,
Doug.

5 Likes

Thanks for fixing it @dougfolksy, I’ve had no issues today. I had similar issues on the popular auction site later on yesterday as well so it wasn’t just Folksy. Appreciated.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your work! I’ve not encountered the error today at all.

1 Like

I’m getting the site not secure message when logging in now. Using chrome on android.