Smells that make you go eugh

I hate with a passion the smell you get from those pasty shops and stalls. There used to be one such stall at the end of the platform where my train came in, in the days when I commuted to work. I had to hold my breath as I went past. I really could not stomach that greasy, meaty smell at 8am.

Vinegar here too and wet wool eeewwww

It wouldn’t do not to like the smell of wet springer spaniel would it Rachel :smile:

1 Like

The smell when I walk past a Subway sandwich shop. It smells like very odd bread as if they top it with some coating, like semolina or something, but I like the smell of proper baking bread. Plus the strong stink that always lingers outside a LUSH shop. Both smells make my stomach flip.
Very smelly dog hair.

1 Like

Lots of smells bother my nose, I seem to have a pretty sensitive one! but I too cannot stand the smell of mothballs, I almost feel like telling people…why would you make your clothes smell like that. Also the smell of chickpeas when they are simmering, very odd smell, but they are fine to eat.

One other thing which is going to sound terrible, my Boss at work - his breath is out of this world, I actually find my self holding my breath or turning it to breath in some fresh air -it’s a mixture of mothballs and rotten meat! sorry to be so graphic :neutral_face: but it really is truly awful!

Those little tree-shaped air “fresheners” you get in cars such as taxis, to cover up the BO (yuk), fags(yuk), fast food (yuk) and occasionally worse. They don’t work and smell as disgusting as the things they’re supposed to mask. We had one in a hire car we had on holiday and I had to put it under the carpet. Another holiday smell- I used to hate the smell of stagnant drains, but now it just reminds me of Venice!