Social media - if you could only have one which would it be?

Hi Stevie,

Thanks for the info :smile:

Itā€™s just one of those things with Pinterest that gets on my nerves. I know people could pinch my pics, and copy any design I put anywhere on the web. And unless I spot it, Iā€™m none the wiser. Itā€™s just with Pinterest itā€™s so in your face when people are happily helping themselves to ideas by openly calling boards ā€˜Must Makeā€™. I know the link back to my shop/website is there, but the amount of my stuff that is pinned to those make boards is so great it put me off the whole site, so itā€™s one of those where I donā€™t use it effectively because I donā€™t like being on it. Besides, if the pins actually do create traffic then the pinners that are sharing the pics around their must make boards are doing my work for me, I just donā€™t need to be there to see it :wink:

Jo

Iā€™ve had sales generated through Twitter and Facebook. Iā€™ve just started to up my interaction on Pinterest, after the Pinterest Folksyhour. But I like Twitter best, I find it easier to interact on there.

Really interesting to hear other Folksy members views. :smile:

Thing is if you look at those style of boards how many do you think will ever get around to trying to make your item. Most will never get around it it and many of those that do will give up and never make as good a job at it and realize they might as well just buy it if they really want it.

Just having your item on one of those boards increases itā€™s reach and can be pinned and re pined over and over each time with the link back to your shop without you having to do hours of work promoting. In fact it shows your work to more and more people.

1 Like

You can upload your camera pics to Instagram @NobiasArt, but itā€™s a bit of a faff. You just need to get the photo on to your phone - I do that by emailing it to myself once Iā€™ve uploaded it from my camera to my Mac, and then saving it on to my phone from my email. Or if youā€™ve already uploaded your images to Pinterest, you can save them on your phone from there, and then Instagram them from there.

Sorry for the long delay in replying, been so busy with my full time job. I have only used facebook so far, I dont really know how twitter works, I know I should probably look into it, just find it confusing. One of my friends teenagers was also trying to show me how to use instagram recently which looked quite good, I am guilty of avoiding social media, Im quite a private person so find it difficult to put myself out there.

Lou