Spellcheck

Hi all - I’m new on here and still finding my way round. The one thing that’s causing me grief is the apparent lack of spellcheck when I’m listing. I’m not a brilliant typist and I miss letters or add extras… Is there anything like this available?? TIA

1 Like

I type into pages on my Mac, correct the spelling etc then copy and paste to the description listing.

I was rather hoping not to have to do that!!!

A spell check would be v helpful - keep meaning to review listings more regularly as I’m willing to bet there are typos, but never get round to it. If I’m typing something long I’ll copy into Word first but would be good to have a checker - though doesn’t Folksy highlight under potentially wrongly spelled words in red or am I imagining that?

It doesn’t on Chrome on my laptop…

I’m using Chrome on mine and it’s giving a red dotted underline when I take out letters from a word but don’t think it highlights things like missed capitals. Having said that I still manage to overlook plenty of errors :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m using Chrome too and get the red line for spelling mistakes.

If you click the 3 dots on the top right corner of the browser, click on settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and then click advanced, there should be the option to turn on spell check (that’s where it is on my computer anyway).

Ah thanks Kim, glad you know the technicalities - mine must have been on as default as I would have had no clue how to do that.

I blush with shame… as an ex-computer technician, not to notice my spellcheck was actually off in the browser is shameful… thanks so much for the tip-off!!

1 Like