Summer clothes sewing '17

Im so jealous you have a golden rule!! I keep seeing that on Create and Craft. Let us know how things turn out.

Well I decided to start with a dress that I planned to make with a lovely poppy fabric, it has a bodice shape that I’ve not done before (the front and back are made up of centre and side panels with curved seams) so decided to do a trial run with a piece of old curtain lining that was a similar weight to the sample piece of fabric, took me few hours and lots of unpicking/resewing until I was happy with the fit, in the meantime my fabric arrived (and it’s gorgeous :heart_eyes:) I was very good and prewashed it (not something I always do) and once it was dry laid it out and my skirt pieces don’t fit :sob: it’s a very full almost circle skirt and the fabrics not wide enough, I’ve found another dress that I’m hoping will fit so back to drawing patterns (luckily it has a simpler bodice so hopefully won’t need to make a practice piece)

I bought it at the end of last year with my birthday money, and already bought 3 supplements :grin: I’ve made my 15yo son a velveteen waistcoat (his choice of fabric) and it fits beautifully with only a little bit of tweaking (which considering he has broad shoulders but narrow waist/hips was a nice surprise) I made myself a top last week and it wasn’t too bad a fit (certainly better than a lot of commercial patterns I’ve bought)

Well it’s not the dress I intended to make but it’s a dress, I need to finish the neckline and arm edges then hem it but that can wait until tomorrow. Excuse the mess behind me (and my dishevelled appearance)
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18700252_801218280042214_2828557338267918202_n.jpg?oh=a37093887011afe65ce469515622ed13&oe=59E9F2A7