Talk Folksy forum essential to newbies

Thank you to all who post on Talk Folksy.
I have just started up my business in the last few weeks and I have found the folksy forum and the people who post here to have been essential.
My questions have been answered by reading others’ posts, which have made me consider things that I hadn’t even thought about.
The search tool is fantastic and all the posts that I have read have been extremely informative and very helpful. I seem to have spent hours trawling through them :grinning:
Everyone has been very friendly and helpful and I can’t recommend this forum enough.
Have any other newbies had the same experience?

13 Likes

That’s really nice to hear, I’m sure the folksy team will be delighted with that :slight_smile:

The encouragement and friendlyness of Folksy has always been a big plus

1 Like

That’s great!! :slight_smile:
I am really not a forum person- this is the only one I’m apart of and I really enjoy it. I find it full of helpful, kind and interesting people. It’s an intelligent forum that isn’t just people insulting each other or putting each other down- which I find a lot of forums are these days.
Even the forum is very British!! :smiley:

4 Likes

I was late to find the forum but was so glad when I did, following the advice and tips on here made a huge difference to my sales last year. I hope I give some handy advice myself where I can too!
I wish your shop every success!

2 Likes

That is so nice thank you. There is so much more to starting up a business than I had thought and everyone is so ready to help it’s just lovely. :smiley:

I love the Folksy forums.

There’s nothing nicer after a busy day than snuggling up on the sofa with a mug of coffee, and catching up with everyone’s news.

Karen

2 Likes

I’d had my shop open a few months before I really started to explore the forum and I don’t really know how I managed so long without it. The advice and knowledge I gained was invaluable and helped me so much (and still does when I come across a new situation and ask for advice). I also love the general chat and friendly nature, although I am guilty of spending far too much time reading on here when I should be making new stock! :smile: I also know of one definite sale I made as a direct result of showcasing on here.

2 Likes

That is so true once you start reading you can’t seem to stop😄

2 Likes