The new stats page is here!

I think I need to update the operating system to Sierra. Just need to make sure my photos etc are backed up so will set aside a day to tackle that…, :disappointed_relieved:

I’ve been thinking, dangerous I know, about the info on the new stats page, and whilst I am no expert on time management, the 80/20 rule of effort, and all that, one thing has jumped out at me over the past few weeks.
I spend time, okay hours, on twitter and IG promoting my shop, and yes whilst I see people are coming over to take a peeky look, most of my views seem to just come from people who are simply cruising Folksy.( not from the forums). And the difference is astonishing, so when I spend 80% of my time promoting outside Folksy less than 20% of my viewers come from there, and the less than 20% of my time spent on Folksy results in more than 80% viewings.
I know it just takes one person to come and from twitter or IG to make all the effort worthwhile, but…
Now Pinterest is altogether another story, and I am going to work harder there as that generates viewings regardless, but I think is helped by the Pinterest promotion thread here on Folksy.
So what have you all experienced since we have access to all this wonderful info?
Are you tailoring your promotion accordingly?
Suzzie x

1 Like

Mine looks similar in the fact that most of my hits come from people browsing Folksy - followed by Pinterest.
I promote equally on Facebook and Folksy forums but not so much on twitter as I think my links are broken and I don’t know how to fix them.

I have recently joined the 365 days listing thread and my sales have really increased this Month.

The biggest thing that I have discovered is how much traffic is coming from Pinterest and that is why some of my really old (and long gone) items are still getting loads of views years later!

These are my stats for the last 30 days!

Folksy

Pinterest

Misc

Facebook

Folksy Forums

Google

Folksy Blog

Bing

craftjuice.com

Twitter

Hi, not sure if this has been asked already, can’t see it mentioned in this reply from you Doug…so…

In the old stats the ‘plots’ of each item meant we could see which items had actually been viewed - eg if I select ‘last 24hrs’ on new stats I see that maybe my items have been viewed 5 times though I cant see WHICH 5 items, but if I had clicked on old stats I would immediately see which 5 particular items had been viewed on the ‘plot’ lines. I really like to know which particular items have been viewed - yes the part at bottom of new stats is great but it doesn’t show what I’m talking about.

I would also love that views did NOT count my own views - editing and listing items leads to a lot of view counts !!!

D :slight_smile:

@DeeRhythmage if you scroll down the stats page to the ‘item views and impressions’ bit you will see 2 boxes at the top - one says ‘most impressions’ the other ‘most views’. Click on the ‘most views’ box and it will toggle to show you which items got the most views for the time period selected - I think that is the info you are after - rather than the items with the most impressions.

1 Like

Thanks @SashaGarrett but that link doesn’t seem to work …for me anyway ?!
I really like the little plot line graphlike images on old stats - quick and easy to see at a glance what was viewed :confused:

UPDATE 22/06 - @SashaGarrett this feature now seems to be working for me :smile: so happy once more I be - I can now again see easily which items have been viewed doing a little dance :laughing::sunglasses: Cheers D

Yes, I have found it interesting too. These are my stats for the last 7 days.

Twitter seems pretty hit and miss. I promote regularly on there but will only get a couple of views each time.

According to my stats today I only had a few visitors yesterday, but one of those lovely visitors bought 3 items…it would be great if the stats page could tell me where that visitor came from…were they my one visitor from Facebook or were they just browsing Folksy? (they are not registered with Folksy)
It would be really useful to know which visits actually turned in to sales!

1 Like

That’s what I would love to know too. Where do my actual customers come from.
Suzzie x