The new stats page is here!

It’s a bit slow on the uptake then!

1 Like

When viewing most viewed/clicked items, if you try to click on the item, it either just takes you to the top of the same page (click image) or it takes you to a page that states ‘Page Not Found Should be Here’ (Clicking text).

It would be good to be able to view the items and then be able to click on them to edit them or renew them.

2 Likes

My old stats and the new stats seem to be different.
According to the new stats my purple dragon tote bag had the most views in the last 7 days with 20 views, but the old stats say it has only had 14 views and my floral tote bag is top, also with 14 views…but has more views overall. The old stats did update last night so not sure why they are different?

The old stats run midnight to midnight. Might the new one run ‘24 hours ago from now’? would that account for it?

I’m not sure @HelenCliffordArt some things on the new stats appear to update immediately, but others seem to be overnight from what I can see… so I don’t know. :confused:

Thanks for responding to those of use who are more technically challenged! I like the new stats, the pictures of the items appeals, it gives me a better idea what is happening in my shop. Thanks team Folksy.:fireworks:

That really is perplexing.
I’ve not got your precise model to test on in the testing service we use, but I have tested against multiple devices running Android 6, and they were all fine. I’ve also tested against the Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 running as early as 4.4 and a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 running 4.0, and they were both fine.
You haven’t said in your message, have all the software updates been run for the device?
And do you know which browser and browser version it’s running?
Hopefully that’ll give me some clues – in the meantime, I’m sorry it isn’t working for you.

Hello again – I’ve realised from your comments that there is something else fairly fundamental that my earlier reply didn’t make clear, sorry.
Some of you have guessed that the most recent stats are in fact from yesterday, and surmised from that that the stats aren’t in real time, but are calculated for the previous day nightly.
This is exactly correct, and I should have made that clear above.
There’s quite a bit of data-crunching that goes into generating the stats page, and it would be way too slow to have that happen in real time, so we run the calculations at night and cache them.
I hope that clears up some of the discrepancies that people are reporting seeing, but let me know if it doesn’t.
I’ll keep reading through the thread to spot any other issues that need responding to, now…

Good grief, that’s one heck of a discrepancy!
From that I’m guessing there’s a bug in the new sold items count – I’m looking into it, now – thanks so much for giving us the headsup about that.
I’ll let you know when I’ve identified the issue and fixed it.

1 Like

Okay, I fixed that – thanks again for pointing it out, everyone who did.
The new code was counting only the number of order items, and not taking into account their quantity. I didn’t catch it before deploying because I’d even written the test to catch precisely this wrongly!
Thanks again – you should be seeing the correct figure in the stats page, now.

3 Likes

Brill - thanks so much Doug…glad that’s all sorted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Doug…my stats are now saying the same number of items sold as my shop. :grin:

2 Likes

Just to let you all know, we’re hosting a #folksyhour chat on Twitter about the new stats page if you’d like to join in and ask us any more questions? I’ve even roped @dougfolksy into coming along to help me out too!

2 Likes

The new page is great - thank you. Only thing is I can’t access it via safari, even though my software is apparently up to date. I can’t access the forums on Safari either, one of the reasons I’ve not been around much recently. I can still access both via ipads, just can’t on the mac. Discovered I can access both via Firefox on the desktop though, so will do that in future but just wondered if you know why this had happened? @dougfolksy :slight_smile:

It’s hard to say for a browser on someone’s machine, but if I had to guess, I’d still guess the relative age of the browser. Can you say what version of Safari you’re running? And maybe what version of OSX on your Mac?

Hi @dougfolksy - the mac is OS X v 10.7.5. My Mac still feels new to me but when I think about it, I think it is about 7 years now so maybe that’s it? Safari is 6.1.6.

Dim question time - if someone has picked up my business card at an event and typed in the shop web address to their browser how would they be classified in the acquisition data? Would I see an entry for the browser they are using or something else?

That’s a good question @SashaGarrett. Maybe they come under the Misc?

@HeidiMeier
Ah, yes, that is a pretty old browser, sorry. Installing the latest Chrome or FireFox should work, though.
It’s worth saying again that it’s always worth keeping up-to-date with things like software updates and browsers. Most of the updates that get written are security-related, so it’s generally much safer to keep up-to-date with them.
I think my mac is about 7 years old or so, now – maybe a bit older. It’s not my development machine any more, but it still runs a treat. They really do last, don’t they? :slight_smile:

@SashaGarrett @KBCreations
Hi – yes, that would come under ‘Misc’, I think.

2 Likes

Doug, all updates are complete, it’s the Tab A, not 4. The browser is the standard browser that comes with the device. Still getting the graphic.