Whats happened to the views

Whats happening to Folksy???
My views have decreased 50% in a week.
Never before has this happened
Valerie :frowning:

1 Like

Oh dear it might just be a unusual drop.

I had a hugh spike in my views last week but this week it seem to have gone back.

I think if it continues you might want to try increasing your promoting, but it’s proberly just an odd down spike.

I think everyone gets them from time to time so as long as it’s the odd one’s off’s I wouldn’t worry too much.

Mine are down too. I wondered if it had anything to do with the demise of the ‘recently listed’, I often got views when I relisted items.

3 Likes

Mine too, it could be the FP changes that have caused it, but I’m not convinced many buyers actually looked at recently listed. The higher views were probably mostly from other sellers! I’d rather Folksy targeted outside buyers and increased views that way.

2 Likes

The recently listed slot often led me to making a purchase, I miss it…

12 Likes

You can still see it http://folksy.com/recently_listed but just not via the front page.

Thanks Angela, I didn’t know I could still find it! :smile:

Yes thank you angela i missed having a look through the recently listed items. I can again now :grin:

My views are dreadful - I’ve just decided not to renew Folksy Plus and will let my shop expire after nearly 4 years. For me this site simply does not work anymore. Makes me a little sad tbh x

6 Likes

I have also decided not to renew my Folksy Plus account, I think I have sold 4 purses this year so far. What has happened to Folksy!! :frowning:

1 Like

I liked the recently listed and often looked at some of the items that caught my eye, I also had more views when I listed.

I find that if I am not involved in the daily listing for a couple of days my views drop to nothing, so my only views come from other shop owners. I would love to see customers visiting as well as other sellers.

5 Likes

I’ve still got quite a few months left on my plus account and I’m hoping that things will improve. If they don’t, I won’t be renewing either. :frowning:

I never renewed mine either when it ran out in August. My sales were poor in the run up to last Christmas so decided then if they didn’t pick up then I won’t renew.

How did you find that link. I can’t seem to find it.

Hello Pauline,
The link doesn’t actually appear on the front page anywhere.
I must confess that I didn’t find the link myself, my hubby suggested it. I was telling him about the changes and how some people were missing the best sellers list and recently listed. He said that they might still be accessible but just not linked to the front page and suggested I try adding the URL extension of /recently_listed and sure enough that worked. A sort of secret door into that part of the database :smile: He’s a software engineer and has done a lot of database and web development stuff.

2 Likes

Oh I see, I thought I came across it by accident the other day but I can’t remember how.

I see its not just me struggling on Folksy. Lots of people not even renewing Plus accounts
I have been lucky enough to sell over 1300 items in the my 5 years on Folksy but the last year has been terrible.
If I was a new buyer I don’t think I would even bother to go past the first page, doesn’t look worth it.
James and the team need to do something soon or there won’t be a Folksy. It can’t survive without the sellers and we may all start to look for other options which would be a real shame
Valerie :frowning:

7 Likes

I agree, my views are down dramatically too, if it weren’t for the daily listing views they would be terrible and I do promote!

I too think the FP doesn’t help much, if you aren’t a registered user it wouldn’t entice you to look any further in my opinion, it doesn’t scream look at the lovely things we have listed for sale, in fact unless you knew what the site was you wouldn’t know it was a handmade seller site at all! Lets hope that all buyers aren’t going directly to F and finding us through different mediums!

We can only live in hope of the upcoming xmas rush, she says with everything crossed! My Plus account is due to expire in 5 days and I haven’t made up my mind yet whether i’ll bother renewing yet!

2 Likes

I relisted my whole shop then left it for 2 months before renewing. As you say we live in hope x