Theme of the day tags

I know I have read this somewhere before, but cant find it, so I am sorry if I am asking for repeat info.
Question: when a theme of the day is a colour like it is aquamarine on 10th March, does it have to be an actual tag or will it get picked up in the ‘colours’ section of an items description?
AND if the colour word stays pale blue and doesnt turn grey does that mean it wont be recognised?
support@folksy.com
Suzzie x

I don’t really know the answer but I noticed that some of my paintings have appeared on the theme of today because I live in Wales and use Wales as a tag in a lot of my listings.

Hi Suzie. Anything in the colours or materials tags can get picked up by the theme of the day, just the same as the main tags. I don’t know the answer to your other question about the colour of the tag though.

Thank you for replying Brenda, All a bit of a mystery !

Thanks Helen, thats what I hoped I had read somewhere, will edit first post and ask folksy xx

1 Like

Just ran some tests - added ‘corvettite’ to the materials tags on a listing, obviously not recognised by the folksy system so stayed pale blue whilst I updated the listing, when I ran a search for corvettite it wasn’t returned in the search results. This suggests that the system only picks up colours and materials in its recognised list and not those that you add yourself.

Thanks for that Sasha, and there in lies the problem. When you add ‘spring green’ to the colours, which is a theme of the day tag for 19th March, it stays pale blue, which means it isnt being picked up even though its an official tag.

I added ‘spring green’ into the main tags - I tend to keep the last couple of slots available for daily theme tags so regardless of whether they are a colour, material or more thematic they can go in the main tags.

Ive been playing too. If ‘spring green’ is a tag it comes up. Ditto if it is in the description. But if it is a colour it dosnt…hope support@folksy.com can shed some light, please xx

Sounds like it will pick up anything from the main tags list but only tags from the colours and materials tags if they are in Folksy’s “official” list.

This is actually a problem with the main search and not the tag search. It appears that the material and colour tags aren’t used in the main search (whether you type them in or pick a Folksy suggested one), but a tag search, which theme of the day uses, will pick either up (@SashaGarrett - your pendant is there https://folksy.com/tags/corvettite).

@thistledownandHOPE I think this was asked on the Folksy Clubhouse, not here, which might be why you can’t find it? I remember answering someone about aquamarine there recently, I did a few test searches too which made me realise they’re missing from the main search.
(I meant to check it with @dougfolksy today and forgot over the weekend, so thanks for the reminder!)

2 Likes