Today's Theme of the Day is Lemon

Really! Lots of items with no lemon colour in them today.

Why bother with a daily theme when there are culprits flounting the theme just to have their items showing.

Quite a few of that popular colour ā€˜lemon pinkā€™ in the last set I saw :rofl:

I contemplated tagging a few of my yellow things but decided againstā€¦ as Iā€™ve never used a lemon tag before even though it is a shade of yellow. Lifeā€™s too short :slight_smile:

The totd picks up colour tags i believe, so i imagine a few items are there because lemon is a colour tag. Some might be mistakes carried over from a ā€œcopy listingā€ but i dont know how many sellers would deliberately spend precious time changing tags to something irrelevant just to appear in a list of over 1000 items.

I know youre not pointing fingers, but as an example, i myself have a mostly magenta pink bag in there. Not because ive mis tagged it to get onto this feature, but because ive used lemon in my design and have therefore used it in my colours.

Is it the main colour? No.

Have i used lemon as a tag in the last few days just to appear in this feature? No.

The lemon tag was added when i listed the item.

It really does stand out in this feature, but ive used lemon legitimately in my listing.

How much lemon is enough lemon? 10%? 50%? Who decides? And if it doesnt have enough lemon, do i have to change the tags to make sure it doesnā€™t appear in a feature i have no control over?

Something as indescriminate as a colour name will scoop up a lot of items that dont fit precisely.

6 Likes

Im seeing a lot of baby knits which are photographed in other colours, but that offer colour variations including lemon. So the scooping process seems to pick variations up too. Its really quite imprecise if so.

3 Likes

I have several designs in different colours and absolutely can never guarantee that the blue version will not accidentally have a left over Red tagā€¦ or I may even use a composite picture to show the other available colours so the red tag would still be ok for the blue.
Colour tags just lend themselves to charges of mistagging and perhaps are best avoided. In this case of course it was the fruit for pancake day not the colour of the lemon :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :rofl:

1 Like

It picks up the materials and colours sections on listings, doesnt it? Thats the impression ive got, could be barking up the wrong tree though!

2 Likes

Ah, if its meant to be the fruit, then all my items should be chucked! Theres not a squeeze of lemon going into any of my bags lol

3 Likes

Yes it picks up the colour tags, materials and tags.
I just had a quick look to make sure my items wernā€™t the offenders :laughing: I do most of my new listings on the app but for some reason it always crashes when i get to the colours and materials section so I then go to drafts in my shop and change them there (if I have copied the listing) I generally copy and edit the listings of pincushions, letterboxes and woodland bears and change colours etc on them. It would be easy to miss a few.

1 Like

Perhaps ā€˜lemonsā€™ would have been a better choice.

6 Likes

Yes :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: (Sorry had to pad out needed 10 characters :rofl: )

2 Likes

Maybe like me lots of people didnā€™t know anything about ā€œdaily themesā€ in general or that days theme was yellow :woman_shrugging:t2: