Understanding My Stats

Just lately I have noticed that my stats especially Item Visits have increased considerably.
Direct - 39, folksy.com 18, www.google 1.
I don’t understand what Direct means, but I am pleased that someone is looking at my shop as in the past I would be lucky to get 3 “views”.

5 Likes

If memory serves (Aaron did explain it in another post a while back) ‘direct’ is the new ‘misc’ that we used to have in stats. So basically ‘direct’ is where the system doesn’t know where the traffic has come from. Sorry that’s not particularly enlightening but yay views are on the up.

1 Like

… and I have been getting some from Google recently!!

3 Likes

I just had a look at mine (I haven’t been looking at them much recently), and have noticed the same. A higher number of direct visits compared to normal, and a lot of item views. I wonder if someone is just having a nosey round my shop lol.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your help. So it seems that some of the changes that have been made have improved matters. Thanks Folksy for that.

1 Like

Hi, can someone tell me if your views show up in your stats please?
I thought with the new system they didn’t, but as I have been following the other thread getting views etc., I googled using the search terms for one or two of my items yesterday to see if they and Folksy showed up, and today I have 1 item visit and 1 shop visit from Google, so I take it that is me?
Also on shop clicks (I have 5) under items 3 are named individually with what items have been looked at from my shop, but 1 just has the number 2 but not what that item is!
Hope this is all understandable as I have been feeling under par all week! :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I believe the new stats no longer show your own visits although if you were using an incognito window or weren’t logged in then the system could get confused and might count them.
I’ve also got an ‘item click’ with no item listed against it - I wonder if this means they looked for our shops via search or something (I have a couple of search terms where someone has been using my name to find my shop).

2 Likes

Thanks Sasha.
I was on my laptop and not logged in so probably explains it. Might do another today same way and see if it logs it out of curiosity.
The other is probably that too, as it’s under my shop name muddmade (although not capital M’s if that makes the difference) just was puzzled and wondered if it was just me!
Cheers Judy

Yes, it identifies which are your clicks from your login (rather than going off something like the IP address, which could be used by others), so if you’re not logged in at the time, it won’t know it was you visiting the item and it will be included in the stats.

At the moment the stats only specifically show the item views, so it is likely the blank ones are visits to the shop front instead of a specific item.

3 Likes

Yes that makes sense, thank you Kim for the explanations.
Cheers
Judy