Upcycled, Recycled & Secondhand

Thank you. Yep for me it’s the thrill of a jumper with good seams :joy:. This looks great, definitely the sort of things I want to include. Are you in the Upcycled Cloth Collective on FB?

Thanks everyone. Apologies for the delay, my brain has been on extra go slow this week. Not sure I’ll manage a Folksy Friday tomorrow but hopefully for next week. I’ll put a link here when I do. I’m just going to head over and make sure I’m following your shops and I’ve got a list to come back to. I think I’ll end up doing different themes within the theme, if that makes sense! So even if, as a couple have said, you really only use say recycled stuffing, I’ll still find a way to include you as I think it’s all really good for raising people’s awareness of the possibilities of reuse.

Thanks again

4 Likes

I haven’t heard of that but will definitely check it out, thanks :blush:

Many thanks.

Sounds good- I know lots of us have done ‘recycled’, ‘eco friendly’, ‘reused’ themes but there are always sellers like me, who aren’t 100% recycled etc- have fun!

Annie x

First post finally done! https://www.instagram.com/p/CUxhBLpo3VT/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

I love upcycling and recycling. Here are a few of my upcycled items made from gents neck ties.

Natalie x

1 Like

One of my upcycled cards - the gold is scrunched and flattened chocolate wrappers and the green is die cut from the front of an old notecard -

1 Like

Love it! Thank you.

Love! Thank you.

1 Like
1 Like

How about this for recycling, by at least 150 million years!

Natalie x

1 Like

From a table cloth

1 Like
1 Like

Vintage lace, broken ceramic washed up on my local beach, recycled beads and some brand new lamp glass beads.

1 Like

I listed a lot of Christmas Tree Decorations this afternoon made from left over pieces of Japanese fabric and up cycled denim.

https://folksy.com/shops/Sewtaylormadedesigns/collections/285414-christmas

2 Likes

This topic has inspired me to use up the jute rope which was saved from going to landfill

1 Like

Yay for being inspired!!! @Ratcliffecreativeworld

Hello, I work with recycled and repurposed materials and have done for thirty years. I am new to Folksy ABScraft on Folksy but also have my own website which needs some work on it ABScraft

The wire I used is recycled (by me) from old televisions and motors, wiring and I also buy wires from other craftspeople who may have tried wirework for awhile and moved on.

I incorporate plastic and metal from packaging - tubes of conditioner, toothpaste tubes, tomato purée tubes.

Very little goes to waste.

Each piece is one of kind and time consuming as intricate in detail.

So hello :recycle:!

1 Like

This card is made from recycled items and getting good feedback