Variations are here! Whoop Whoop!

Phew, I’ve spent most of today plodding through my 90 listings updating them and adding variations, personalisations, postage upgrade options (I can offer things like NDD on some things now: brilliant!), tweaking and editing descriptions, you name it! My mind is boggling, by eyes are square, my bum in numb: but I’ve done it!

At least it’s done now, and I’m guessing that if I copy a listing at any point it will bring in all the options too - so will be easier in the future.

I think I deserve a glass of wine tonight! :wine_glass::chocolate_bar::upside_down_face::grinning:

5 Likes

Love these variations, thank you Camilla @folksycontent and @dougfolksy
The drop down box covers most of my needs, brilliant, thanks for having it ready for Christmas…

1 Like

I must be really dim, but I don’t seem to be able to save my variations. When I try to click the save changes button I get the “no entry” sign. Can anyone help?

Just tried it in Chrome and it works fine. Obviously a Google issue.

I’ve just tried adding an optional variation as follows: The default sentiment on the front of this card is “on your Christening”. If you’d like something different please add it here. However, until I deleted the speech marks, all that appeared in the box when viewed was: The default sentiment.
Can this be adjusted?

Hi Camilla,

Just emailed you re the personalised query (see below).

I also have another query. When you select the option why does it say +£12.00 for example. I am only charging £12.00. What does the + sign mean. It looks like there is a hidden value somewhere that is being added on?

Sorry for all the queries!

Many thanks

Lisa

This is great, I’m slowly working through my personalised items, haven’t found any problems so far. :slight_smile:

Hi Camilla,

Sorry just sent you email re the + signs but ignore that as it’s fine now!

Many thanks

Lisa

Hi Camilla,

It is when they click to buy the item. I have set it up for one of my prints

https://folksy.com/items/7152238-Woodpeckers-A4-signed-print-from-illustration-of-birds

I know you mean the ‘Personalise’ relates to the options, not item as such (unless you are writing their name on it etc.) but they see this before they choose the options, in my case the size. It sounds as if I am going to change the item just for them. Choose options maybe better.

Sorry, this is probably just me thinking this. Prob. because the font size is so much bigger on the personalise this item and actually the size of the font for the options is not that big even on an iPad. Could this be made bigger?

Anyway just my thoughts.

Many thanks

Lisa

Have been trying to get mine up and running but as a previous seller mentioned I cannot SAVE the options. Have tried Chrome and still no joy :frowning:

I have just started adding chain lengths but wondered if there was a ‘return to listings’ button. Have to keep going back the long way to my items to change the next one!

Have you tried Mozilla Firefox?

Hi @louise35flower – sorry to hear you’re having issues!
The SAVE button only enables when all fields that need to be filled in have been.
That means that all label, description, and value fields that you have added to your item variations have to have some text entered into them.
Price fields are always optional.
I hope that helps!
Doug.

Hi Lisa. We’ve had a look at the listing you sent over, and there are a couple of things we spotted.

1.The customer will pay £12 for both the options given on this listing. Is that what you intended?
2. You’ve listed ‘size of print’ as one of the options available (as the first option)

If you do want to offer the item in two sizes and these are different prices, then list the print at £10 (the price of the small 8"x6" print) and use the Drop-down variation to add two options:

1. small 8"x6" print [you won’t need to / can’t add an additional cost to that]
  2. A4 size print - and add an additional £2.00 cost with that option

This video might explain/show it better https://vimeo.com/295185882

Does that help?

Hi, @AnniesCards.
Yep, that looks like a bug – in the meantime single quotes will work, and we’ll add getting that fixed to the TODO list.
Thanks very much for letting us know about that!

How do I delete a variation - I’ve decided not to offer a variation on a listing but cannot work out how to remove the option.

All sorted - just need to refresh the page a few times :grinning:

I have sadly and reluctantly decided that this won’t work for me.
I make ‘one-offs’ …eg. I’ve made 52 of my Heart of Hearts and sold 51, but they are all different.

If I have 3 witches they will all be different colours but I will only have one of each.
I could setup Variations against these but… what if the customer wants two and decides to order two purple ones… and I will only have one.

Easier and safer to leave them as they are with 3 separate listings… if I used the variation when someone buys the purple one I would then have to remember to remove the purple option from the listing and fiddle around with the photos.

I had thought I might use the variations for my little Christmas decorations but have the same problems.
What if they order 3 red stars and I only have 1 …And… if they want to order 3 red stars they will have to go in and out between listing and shopping basket as they can only order 1 at once.

So I’m really sorry Doug and you’ve done a brilliant job which will work for lots of other circumstances, personalisation, different sizes, pendant with / without chain etc but not for me I’m afraid.
xx

Well done Folksy. Love the concept and thanks for all the hard work @dougfolksy but I’m with you Joy @JOYSofGLASS as I have the same problem of most of my work being OOAK. There may be some items I can use the variations on but have decided to leave alone for the time being until I have more time to think about it! I’m sure it will be very useful for many though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Doug, all seems to be working this morning, think I must have missed a box somewhere as you say, or just a lack of coffee :smiley: