Weathering Wednesday

Well what a difference a day makes. Washing on line, windows flung open, things drying out nicely, and the added bonus of an invitation for coffee and cake in a friends beach hut, what a great day.
Managed loads of knitting yesterday in our rain, but to keep the momentum going I will sit this afternoon as well. GBBO Tonight.
Suzzie x

1 Like

Good morning.
It’s so true suzzie @thistledownandHOPE. It’s brilliant sun shine here.
Not got the windows open yet but I’m on the go slow this morning.

I have made afew things though this morning.
I’m having a dilemma. Of i made some snow flake bracelets they are white obviously Christmasy but don’t know what background to photograph them against as I can’t see it on a white background. Any help or advice would be very grateful and welcome.

It’s fresh and sunny here today, but the forecast says heavy rain for later :frowning: Di all of you who live in the south send it up here? lol you know who you are :slight_smile:
How about a black background Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880 or red if you’re feeling Christmassy? I do thing jewellery always looks good on dark backgrounds :slight_smile:

That’s a good idea. I have always used white.
I’m going into town at the weekend so I’ll get some different coloured card and have a play. I’m liking the black idea. Thanks Donna.

1 Like

A black background can be a bit harsh and can lead to exposure problems when photographing white items so I use a pale warm grey. This listing shows the same item on black and pale grey

There was a lot of faffing to get the black one to work and I had to use lots of reflectors. If you want to suggest icy/ wintery/ frozen to go with the snow ‘theme’ why not try a pale blue?
Sasha

1 Like

Glorious sunshine and a gentle breeze here so I’ll get some work done whilst I wait for the delivery man and then go out for a cycle. Might see if I can get a decent shot of some emerald earrings so that I can get them listed before my plus account expires.
Sasha

Thanks sasha.
Pale blue sounds a good idea too. Definitely going to get some different colours and will have a play with them in Saturday.
It’s so silly why didn’t I think of blue.
My brain is not working at all today.

Bike ride sounds lovely. hope you have fun.

Good morning.
I tried photographing a white kitty key ring on black, but it looked awful.
I ended up using a sheet of pink felt as a background, to match his ears!

Have a great day everyone…I’m at work all day again :frowning:
I so wish I could earn enough at my sewing to give up my day job…

Kim
x

1 Like

He looks lovely at on felt Kim @KBCreations

1 Like

Sunny here too. Nice to see after all the rain. I expect the fields will still be very muddy underfoot though when I take the dogs out.

Been at work this morning and got to take daughter shopping this afternoon but just received some more supplies in the post so maybe some crafting this evening.

Dawn, @hobbitgirl - unless you have a very good camera and are good at photography I would steer clear of black or red. Black is very difficult to get to be properly black (just like white!) and I find red always tends to become overexposed and take over the whole picture. Personally I would go for a pale colour, pink, pale blue or pale green maybe or even light grey or cream.

Don’t know if this would be any use Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880, but I’ve used a leftover piece of laminate flooring, some old slates from when my roof was fixed and some broken bits of tile that I got cheap at Homebase for photographing white/silver jewellery. Oh, and cork boards as well.

today we have the rain that others had yesterday and they have our sunshine

1 Like

I was thinking of getting some nice tiles. My brother in law is bathroom and kitchen fitter so I would pinch them off him
It is easy to photograph jewellery on tiles?

Hello Folksy Gang,
I have been asked by Camilla @folksycontent, to stop the these daily threads of natterings and limit them to a weekly thread instead, as too many new threads can make the forum hard to navigate. So if for the rest of the week we can use this Weathering Wednesday one, then on Monday we can start a new weekly thread for all our ramblings. Name of new thread to be decided, but Weekly Natterings 24/8 could be a good starting point.
Suzzie x

Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880 as far as tiles goes, my best was a shiny marble effect one in beige colours. The only problem that I had was if I needed to use flash you could see the reflection. Slates worked better as they were a matt surface. If you’ve got access to loads, try a selection of bland colours in matt and gloss until you find what you like. I now keep a pile on my table with the white paper that I usually use on top so I can whip it off and use tiles if it’s not working for me.

Hi everyone, well, it’s absolutely pouring with rain here in Berkshire, yuk. Nevermind it might be great tomorrow!
Today I haven’t managed to do anything creative as we have all the floorboards up for new heating pipes.
Have a great evening everyone.

Tina :slight_smile:

Well we had sunshine yesterday and then torrential rain in the evening - not too sure what today will bring, I think its still undecided, dry at the moment but no sign of the big yellow ball!

Woke up this morning to find teenage daughter asleep on sofa with TV still on - I guess she never made it to bed then!

Not too sure what today holds, I’m not working so I expect I’ll end up making something, just not too sure what yet :smile:

Bit damp and grey here at the moment, but it’s supposed to get a bit brighter later. I’ve been up since 6, let the hens out and put a load of washing on. Off to let the rabbit out and give her some breakfast, then out for a walk with the dogs. Once the pets are sorted, I might get some crafting done. :wink:

Mornin '
As I was putting the washing out the 40% chance of light rain the met office forcast descended! BUT it is still breezier than wet, so we will see. Made everyone the morning cuppa and am looking at shop stats etc.
Then off shopping with daughter, we are going to a fantastic junk shop and next door a brilliant fabric store, well there are two actually, so I have a few pennies and I will see what I can spend them on, can’t wait. May lead to a whole new line of ideas, need some inspiration for Christmas.
Let you all know later,
Suzzie x

Good morning,

Grey but might brighten up here (Derbyshire). So far, I’ve fed the cat, managed to sneak back upstairs and grab my chair before he came up, then he decided that instead of going for the bed, he would jump on my desk and head for the open window! Fortunately I’d tidied the desk last night, so there wasn’t the usual collection of bits of wire everywhere, and I grabbed him before he could climb out. He went off in a sulk, but is now fast asleep, looking innocent on HIS bed.