Weekly Art Chat 7th - 13th April 2014

Morning All :slight_smile:

Thought I would show this little postcard size piece today, its new and inspired by our weekend away traveling through the Essex and Suffolk countryside with all the beautiful yellow rapseed fields in bloom with there yellow flowers ā€¦ the fields are great and the flowers have self seeded too and line the banks of the roads

Good morning all, lovely picture Hazel - the rapeseed does look nice in the fields, only trouble for me is it gives me hay fever - only plant that actually does it, must have some pretty strong thingybobs in it to do thatā€¦

Iā€™ve moved away from my local river for my new picture today, but itā€™s still a river view, this time in Cornwall:

(I love how easy it is to post pictures over here!)

I just need to read up now, on how to link back to my shopā€¦Iā€™ll sort that out laterā€¦right now I need a cuppaā€¦waving ā€¦

1 Like

Morning gang :smile:
Brenda thatā€™s really beautiful, the coloursare stunning.

Lovely rape fields Hazel, when I lived near Oxford I used to love riding my motorbike down the country lanes with fields of rapeseed all around. Ahhh takes me back to my youth.

Nice photo Trevor, I do love Cornwall.

Iā€™m mobile atm, back later with some art to show.

Brenda you just click the"more"button to add the listing url.

Morning!

Iā€™ve been let in, it all looks a bit scary though!

Clare xx

1 Like

Stephieā€¦motorbike?..you little raver you.
Where is the MORE button, canā€™t see oneā€¦

Sian sent me a picture with a box that had upload image and show more, but where do I find THAT?..
Nothing like that in my shop and nothing in this box that I am typing in now. These techie people seem to think that we understand these thingsā€¦I need things explained in baby talkā€¦lol

Brenda just post the picture and the link below ā€¦ Do what works for you I say :slight_smile:

I was trying to add a picture from my phone ā€¦ Canā€™t seem to do that then !!

1 Like

Trying to add a picture from FB then

These are my doodles in hot wax into greetings cards. They are like miniatures - Iā€™ve experimented with some limited palette colours

https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-0/10250048_806874706008933_6834213241875311872_n.jpg

Fab work everyone. Brenda,that one is stunnning!

I havenā€™t tried adding pics from my phone, mainly because they are all stored and edited on the pc and I donā€™t know how to access the pc from my phone. Iā€™m sure it can be done though.

Welcome Clare :slight_smile: youā€™ll quickly get used to it.

Brenda are you using the upload a photo button to add yours, or are you just pasting the image url? You need to use the upload button which (on my pc) is directly below the number 7 where it says reply to Weekly Art Chat 7th - 13th April 2014, after you have clicked on reply. It looks like an up arrow sat on a bar. Then you select Web on the left, and Show More in the bottom right.

1 Like

Cute duck Stephie

1 Like

Great duck Stephie

Can anyone see my facebook post picture? I could see it when I posted but itā€™s not showing for me now ?

Thanks Margaret :slight_smile:

Yes Brenda, it was a sad day when I had to give up the bike and become a fully fledged adult with responsibilities (otherwise known as children).

No I canā€™t see it Hazel

Thanks Stephie ā€¦ I tried adding a FB link via the phone ā€¦ Bit odd !!!

Not to worry :slight_smile:

couldnā€™t understand that Stephieā€¦but never mind because someone told me a different way to do itā€¦when you said below the number 7 on your pcā€¦there was me looking at my keyboardā€¦and under number 7 are the letters Y and Uā€¦?? you see YOU know what you mean but I donā€™t lolā€¦ when people explain things they know what they are seeing but us lay people have to guessā€¦
The first thing that no one told me until Sian did, was that I needed to click on a little icon in the box above where I am typing right nowā€¦ then no one told me that I needed to click the one that said upload from the WEBā€¦so I uploaded my pic from my pcā€¦ Then when people talk about the urlā€™s. they never say WHICH ONEā€¦so I was going back and forth trying them all and minimizing because I didnā€™t know how to open a new tabā€¦(I do NOW)ā€¦The thing is that what worries me most is that I am luck to have all you lovely people to guide me but if a newbie joinsā€¦they might just give up and not join in , or worse still close their shop. I know of 3 people who opened Folksy shops but couldnā€™t get the hang of promoting and didnā€™t stay on hereā€¦never mindā€¦perhaps there will always be someone willing to helpā€¦but the confused ones have to be brave enough to ask for help first.

I know what you mean Brenda, but the reality is that if people want to run an online shop, a certain knowledge of how computers and the technology that goes with them works is essential these days. If someone lacks that knowledge they can always learn as they go along as you have done. Also, sadly, promoting is essential too, so if a seller doesnā€™t get the hang of it they wonā€™t last long, no matter how talented they are as craftspeople.

I went to a local art exhibition open night tonight, it was interesting, but everyone else seemed to come in pairs so there was nobody to talk to or discuss any of the art with so I left as soon as I politely could. The art was massively more expensive that Iā€™m used to on here, of course itā€™s all mounted and framed which puts the cost up a lot. I felt like telling everyone that there is fabulous art for very little money on Folksy, but didnā€™t get the chance.

1 Like

Ah what a shame that there was no one to talk to. If I was exhibiting Iā€™d have kept an eye out for anyone looking lost. Well done you for going along!