Weekly Art Chat Thread W/C 5th May

Oh dear … I’ve managed to delete my post instead of editing it !!!

Now what did I say ???

Thank you Stephie for the compliment on my birds.

I have blogged about them

A Flock of Colour

http://www.artinwax.co.uk/blog/a-flock-of-colour/

And yes about the miniature frames …

When we were building The Gallery (1:12 scale ) I bought lots of frames some expensive but some from EBay at 10 for £10 … I do offer a couple in frames for sale and they look good frames but I haven’t sold any in frames as from the feedback I’ve had people frame them themselves.

2 Likes

Just been having a look at the bay for frames, there’s a set of 24 for £9 but to be honest they don’t look that great. It’s probably a case of you get what you pay for. Do you have a link for your wooden ones Hazel?

Here’s the Luna Moth that Hazel2 asked me to paint. I’d never heard of such a creature - isn’t it splendid?

3 Likes

Wow Stephie it is great :slight_smile:

I have just looked and they don’t seem to have the tiny frames in there eBay shop at the moment but these are the same style but bigger.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/400699653460

The ones I got were OK but wood effect !!! We painted a couple for the Gallery but the do the job :slight_smile:

That is a splendid moth Stephie, I have a moth to do for Hazel2 too, not been home for a few weekends with my card making kit and I’ve far too much to take with me, but we’re home this weekend so it’s top of the list along with a few other things I’ve had on my to do list for a while.

Thanks for the link Hazel, I’ve decided to source some moulding and have a go myself, I’ll be offering a few as unframed but I’m going to mount some on mount board and ‘frame’ next weekend, see how they go, might even make some easels to, bizarrely I did woodwork in school and was quite good so hopefully should make a good go of them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

back to the matchsticks…what is to stop you painting a matchstick in gold or silver and sticking it to the painting to look like a frame?..just an idea…

I’d be interested in an easel Max if you can crack it. I haven’t had a go yet with matchsticks but I’m not very crafty so not entirely confident at how it will turn out. Maybe I’ll try tomorrow

1 Like

Hubby suggested the same Brenda, I prefer balsa wood though and am hoping to buy some with a shaped moulding, off to the hobby shop today see what they have in stock. Listed this one today ACEO Poppies

back after work Max

1 Like

Good Morning All

Look forward to seeing how the easel go, I’m not good with crafting either Stephie, but Adrian is very handy so as you know he made mine … the ones I have in The Gallery are made from a hard wood we got at a hobby shop. That said these ones are large and stand about 13cm high, and are miniature replica of a full size easel like you might see in a Art Gallery. For a table top one, like I have for my A4 pieces (17 x 7 inches) the 1:12 scale would be tiny … something like 1.5 x .6 inches … be great to see one that small …

This is one of my new hand painted cards

today I am showing something different. This 10 x 12" acrylic fantasy lady.

2 Likes

Oh WOW … I’m a best seller today !!!

Just had a message from Kath, a fellow artist and friend on Facebook saying she had spotted me on the best sellers list … I never imagined that would happen … I’m in shock lol

3 Likes

Lovely work Brenda, I love the colours :slight_smile:

well done Hazel…I have just had a count up and I sold 40 paintings last month…sadly not all on here but still a great total…so I am also feeling pleased as well.

2 Likes

Wow that’s great Brenda, even in my best month ever I haven’t made 40 sales in one go, I have had a couple of thirthysomethings … But that’s great well done :slight_smile:

I’m off to waitrose now, paintings to post and get my free coffee lol

A quick dash through as I need to collect some pictures from an exhibition and pack my suitcase for holidays!

Heres me at the Steampunk event over the bank holiday, had a great time. Wasn’t quite as busy as I’d hoped as there was so many events on over the weekend but had a brilliant time meeting loads of people and doing lots of the organised activities. Almost sold out of some of my cards too! I also got my mum dressed up as well and she had a great time watching all the costumes!

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/10294449_778839952134458_4693273922232997902_n.jpg

Clare xx

3 Likes

Clare I’m glad you had a good time, sounds like a fab couple of days.

Congrats on being a best seller Hazel! I mad it in there once with my old shop, it’s a great feeling isn’t it?! Love your card.

Pretty poppies Max, they’re a gorgeous vibrant red.

Well done on all those sales Brenda, you’re doing better than any of us :smile: Pretty lady, she looks so dreamy.

Re easels, I was thinking something around 2 to 3 inches tall would be a useful size. Some of my paintings are so tiny they get lost on a 7 inch easel.

Here’s my new listing for today, I sketched this from a photo that I took either on Morecambe beach or the stretch in between Liverpool and Southport. Wish I could remember which it was!

I also spent ages this morning getting a decent photo of my bluebells, only to discover that a couple of heads are not connected to the plant - doh!

Off I go to correct it…

3 Likes

Great news on your Best Seller recognition, Hazel!
Glad everyone had a good Bank Holiday weekend and well done on the sales.
Fab boat sketch, Stephie!

Thank you Pam :slight_smile:

Thank you and yes it is a great feeling :slight_smile: I’m really chuffed and it’s all because of my birds which is great … I might try some more, maybe a bigger one, the exotic bird is my favourite so might try that larger.

Love the bluebells very pretty :slight_smile:

Thanks Hazel! Here they are, all flower heads attached, and listed in my shop :slight_smile:

1 Like

How disappointing, I’ve just checked all my oil ACEOs that I painted over the winter and none of them are ready to be varnished :unamused: