Weekly Art Chat W/C 10th August

Thanks Margaret, the blue is my one and only watercolour marker pen from W&N and it travels in my sketching kit - hence it got used a lot in Cornwall!

We’ve had a lovely couple of weeks with our Spanish friend, been trying to stuff as much in as we can before she goes home on Thursday. I have no car today so am catching up on commissions and packaging a (very rare) artfinder sale.

This is a better photo of the beach painting that I showed on facebook the other day. The kids had run off back to their families before I’d finished

2 Likes

Is that a piece of canvas that you cut yourself Stephie…I tried doing that but couldn’t stop the canvas from curling…any tips?

Love the kiddies on the beach, typical summertime scene beautifully painted :smile:

Good morning, I love that little beach scene Stephie, reminds me of my two when they were little and the lighthouse is fab too. Gorgeous Dove Brenda, I really like the wing effects.

another scrapbbok to show today, this one has a little painted blue tit on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Waving, all! :smile:
That’s a fabulous scrapbook, Max! Wonderfully vibrant colours and I like the inspirational quote, too!

1 Like

Gorgeous scrapbook Max, love the colours and the quote :smile:

Oh what a wonderful scrapbook Max! Enjoy your birthday celebrations :smile:

Brenda it’s handmade watercolour paper apparently made from recycled T-shirts! It’s very thin and won’t take much water, but is rather charming I think. I’ve never tried actual canvas - a lady at my art club has some and it’s a proper pain, just won’t lie flat at all.

I’ve just listed this Brusho aceo, painted from my holiday cottage window last month.

Waving back Pam and to everyone else too

2 Likes

Gorgeously vibrant painting Stephie, I really must get my Brusho out and play with it sometime!

Max, your birthday has crept up very quickly, where does the time go? Have fun and enjoy your celebrations.

1 Like

Stephie…ok…so have you ever tried making your own paper…it is really easy…and don’t laugh but save all the tiny scraps of toilet paper (unused…ha ha) from the ends of rolls…(preferably white)…put the scraps in a bowl of water and mulch up to a pulp.
then you will need an ambroidery hoop with a piece of an old pair of tights stretched around it. swish up the pulp in the bowl so it is swimming around in a mess…lol
dip the hoop down and underneath the pulp and pull up quickly.
Leave to dry and remove it from the tights…(MUST be dry before you remove it.
It makes lovely paper which you can cut to size…

2 Likes

I bought a paper making kit once when the kids were little but it all turned out grey and super absorbent. Haven’t tried it since. Have you used it to paint on?

Just got back from the park where I sketched this with my artbars over a rough pencil composition

Margaret please do get your brusho or your artbars out for a play!

2 Likes

This weekend I’ll use one or the other, there are some flowers in the garden I want to sketch before they get past their best :smile:

Love the freshness of your sketch and I like that paper you’re using.

1 Like

Stephie, not since I started full time painting but I did used to paint on the paper I made or rubber stamp on it for card making…might be fun to try. If you use white toilet paper it usually turns out white !!

1 Like

Morning everyone, thank you for birthday wishes, off to Cornwall later on this morning I have my paints and pencils at the ready :wink:

I love these little colourful works you are doing Steph, really eyecatching

Hubby bought me a hammer and a vice, brilliant just what I wanted for wire crafts :slight_smile: and I have also had a garden bench, flowers and money off the children which is going on crafty goodies :smile:

2 Likes

Have a fab time and fab birthday Max…xx

1 Like

Have fun Max!

That’s good Margaret, there’s nothing quite like sketching from the real thing.

Speaking of rubber stamping, I bought 2 sets of alphabet letter stamps from China to stamp my web address on the back of my freebie business cards. Did the stamping on Saturday (using quality stamp-it-up ink) and they’re STILL NOT DRY hahahaaaaaa serves me right for being a cheapskate and not ordering new cards.

I did three very different paintings last night, one abstract, one pot of flowers and one single flower.

Here’s the first one listed.

2 Likes

And here are the other two

2 Likes

I do love those last two Stephie, you’ve reminded me what fun splattering can be! :smile:

I’ll try to be at work by 7.30 tomorrow, busy day at work ahead. Friday is always the busiest day and tomorrow our admin pool of 4 is down to just one…me! (Gulp!)

Well, I’ve survived the morning, despite a bad start. I reversed the car into next door’s skip when I set off, and now have a dented boot!