Weekly art chat w/c 19 May

Woah Brenda I don’t think I have any not listed lol! Just added a few to the bay along with some beads, real bargain for someone I expect but I have to cut down on my storage I have far too much stuff! It’s got to the point where I don’t even know how much or indeed what I actually have tehe!

No probs Stephie I was just about to pop out to the post box with the weekends sales,

I could not do that Brenda, I have to have something to do, though I only take sketching things usually but I read lots too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish I could take painting with me but Hubby thinks it is time we should spend doing things together…very sweet but that is what you get being married to a Cancerian. All he thinks about is home and family…nothing else really interests him. Bit like having a small child…if I go out of the room I get “where are you going?..how long will you be?”…aaargh…lol

3 Likes

That would drive me mad Brenda!

2 Likes

Morning all waving hi to everyone, hope you are all well today. Newly listed and inspired by this weekends walk through the woodland

back after work

4 Likes

That is absolutely gorgeous Max!

2 Likes

Thank you Margaret :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is lovely Max, morning Margaret :smile:

This is another of my distressed background paintings, I had fun doing these but got hot hands! I create the backgrounds using my hot air tool to paint on such a thin layer of wax, then rub away to give the distressed look, but holding the card, the heat gun and the wax is tricky and fingers get very hot …

4 Likes

morning all…great work Max and Hazel…hot stuff eh?
Just listed this one.

4 Likes

Hazel, the rose is gorgeous and the background is very effective.

Lovely work Brenda.

1 Like

Thank you Brenda and Margaret … its now sold :smile:

So that is a lovely start to the day …

1 Like

Beautiful work this morning everyone. I have received the commission photo so work starts today on an MG!

Gaynor

Congrats on the quick sale Hazel, and well done on getting the MG commission Gaynor, seems like a great start to the day for you both!

1 Like

Brenda! he loves you very much!

1 Like

I’ve just got a new art book in the post :smile:

It’s The Modern Flower Painter by Anna Mason, I got it from The Book Depository from Amazon for only £9.96 +P&P and I’m really looking forward to reading it. It has lots of info on mixing colours etc, and stuff that will help me learn. Lots of step by step demos and some awesome painings! Can you tell I’m a bit excited! :smile:

3 Likes

That’s amazing! Brenda we should choose the same blue to work with to-day!! mine is a dolls house painting!
Waving to all…lovely art on here already!
Jeanie x

2 Likes

Thanks beautiful Jeanie, lovely restful blues.

1 Like

Thanks Margaret and well done Gaynor :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is lovely Jeanie :slight_smile:

Max that is absolutely stunning - I see it has sold already! My magnet arrived this morning and is lovely - and thanks so much for sending me one of your easels, you are very kind :blush: Sadly the cross piece was broken, but never fear, I’ll get the glue out and fix it back together again. Your hinging is very good.

Congrats on your sale too Hazel, what a top thread this is today :smile:

Very pretty mini Jeanie. I’m working small this morning too, not got very far yet though.

Brenda your butterfly is really lovely, such pretty colours.

Won’t be long before we’re back out on the water, just have to get the exams over first. Here’s an oldie from me

2 Likes

That’s a lovely scene Stephie. I’m very lucky that from my desk I can see a small lake, but it doesn’t have boats on it, just swans and lots of geese and ducks. I love looking at water.

1 Like