Weekly Art Chat w/c 7th July

Waving hi to everyone, this is the place to show and chat about art of all kinds

thought I’d show this one today, I finally got around to painting some more tiles last weekend, this one sold before I got around to posting a pic here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Morning Max, well done on the sale…
My listing for today…

3 Likes

Good Morning Max and Brenda - lovely work :slight_smile:

I’m listing a couple of my hand painted cards today …

http://folksy.com/items/6447211-Garden-flower-pot-original-hand-painted-greetings-card

http://folksy.com/items/6447241-Rose-Stems-original-hand-painted-greetings-card

1 Like

Lovely cards Hazel…

1 Like

Thanks Brenda :smile:

Just off to the post, I sold four cards yesterday and then onto my todo list …

catch up with you all later

Hazel

1 Like

Lovely art work to-day
Congrats on the sales ladies!!!
Here is an aceo painting using my new ’ Brusho ’ paints. The colours are so deep and strong,my fave colour is the turqu.
Have a nice day all x Jeanie x

2 Likes

Morning all :smile:

Love the way you’ve used the Brusho Jeanie, such gorgeous vibrant colours!

Fab cards Hazel, congrats on the sales.

Beautiful tile Max, well done on it selling so quickly

Pretty scene Brenda, nice flowers in the foreground.

1 Like

Thanks Margaret! wait till you get your ’ Brusho ’ then we can compare notes!
Jeanie x

1 Like

That may be some time away yet Jeanie, people keep giving me cake and chocolate, so I’m still half a stone away from getting my Brusho!

1 Like

That is beautiful Jeanie and so detailed :slight_smile:

Morning Margaret … I’m finding it hard to resist cake too !!!

1 Like

There’s a large home made carrot cake on the cabinet behind me. One of the men made it and brought it in as it’s his birthday. I can almost smell it from my desk and I’m trying hard to resist. Whenever I’m tempted I think of Brusho. Once I’ve shed this half stone I’ll buy myself some as a reward!

1 Like

Stay strong Margaret :slight_smile: although I wasn’t good yesterday they had homemade cupcakes at the heritage center I only had half of one and shared with hubby !!! Could do with one now lol

1 Like

Big waves to everyone :smile:

What a fabulous incentive Margaret! You can do it.

Lovely work today, I especially like the texture in Max’s tile and the soft colours in the sky in Brenda’s.

Hazel the top card is my favourite of the two. I like the simplicity, with all the white around.

Jeanie brusho is fab isn’t it? Have you got Joanne Boon Thomas’s dvd? It’s well worth buying, and if you get it from the SAA you get the ebook for free.

1 Like

I’ve been updating some of my photos to a clean background. I’m about a tenth of the way through and my camera has died…I’m quite pleased that it died really, it’s a time consuming task and I have other things I should be doing!

1 Like

I haven’t got any art dvds at all, and only got two old art books…That sounds interesting with the offer too!
thanks Steph! x

1 Like

Home made carrot cake, mm I’d have some and have less of something else later.
I have done some more colour fast tests on several of the ranges of paints I use. FW inks are very light fast and strong vibrant colours.
A lot of the Brusho colours faded.Violet went to very pale pink.

1 Like

1 Like

That’s really interesting Tessa, are you doing a blog post on it? If so, I’d like to share it.

Jeanie the DVD is an absolute must with brusho Have you seen Joanne’s work? It’s truly stunning. This is her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/JoanneBoonThomas?fref=ts

1 Like

Maybe.
A friend went on a painting holiday in Spain with Joanne as tutor. She really enjoyed it.

2 Likes