Weekly art chat w/c 19 May

That’s lovely Margaret, I love looking at water too, one of the most relaxing things to do :smile:

That is a lovely scene Stephie

I have just been in my studio, painting in miniature today, a kingfisher ACEO and these tiny ones too … off to have some lunch now, catch up with you all later

3 Likes

Fab work Hazel, love the kingfisher.

At lunchtime I’ve been for a long walk round another, isolated lake nearby, no one is ever there so there’s lots of wildlife. The downside is that now I’m back at my desk I’m so warm my glasses are steaming up and I can’t see my computer screen (or anything else!) too well! lol

1 Like

Thanks Margaret he was a bit tricky at just 2x2 inches .,…

Sounds like you work in a nice area, with the lakes and wildlife nearby - I don’t have anywhere very close by that’s like that, the park is as far as the beach and the sea front is too far and too steep for me to walk, we normally drive there then walk along :slight_smile:

Depending on what time hubby finishes work and if the sun stays out we may go for a look at the sea later …

1 Like

Hazel you are so lucky to live near an interesting coastline. I live only 30 mins drive from the West Lancashire coast but it is so flat and boring, and the tide is almost never in, so we hardly ever go.

Margaret you are indeed very lucky to work somewhere that sounds so beautiful.

I’ve been down to the woods today…

2 Likes

That is lovely Stephie :slight_smile:

Yes we are very fortunate, Adrian finished work early so we went to see the Sea, high tide so full in but it started to rain so we popped into Rossi and treated ourselves to a anniversary treat, I had a knickerblockaglory lol

1 Like

lovely woodland painting Stephie.

Yes I’m very lucky in where I work, it’s in the grounds of an old stately hall, so we’re surrounded by parkland/farmland and old woods with lots of small lakes. There’s an ancient 700 year old moat too where hardly anyone goes, just off the car park, so it’s literally minutes from my desk to quiet woodland, I love it! :smile:

2 Likes

It sounds wonderful Margaret :slight_smile:

1 Like

Afternoon all, yes that painting went very quickly, I have a smaller version for tomorrow too :).

Stephie that’s a real shame, but does prove to me they are too delicate to post normally and it would cost more to post in a box than it costs to make them! Hope you can fix it anyway useful little things

Lots of lovely work here today and I’m very envious of those who work in pleasant surroundings I work in Cardiff City centre noisy and full of fumes I can walk to the castle grounds though in a few minutes but I don’t always have time :frowning:

Dads back in hospital again he has pneumonia

1 Like

Your poor Dad Max, he’s having a rough time of it. Hope it’s not too long a stay.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your Dad Max, hope he recovers very soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, he has had a tough time, my step mum too, hopefully it’ll be just a few days whilst the antibiotics work.

I listed two today one of my new ACEO size fridge magnets

and a smaller 6 x 4 Bluebell wood

back late this evening to catch up

2 Likes

Hope Dad gets well soon Max.

Gaynor x

Morning Max and Gaynor, sending best wishes to you and your Dad Max :smile:

I have listed my Kingfisher ACEO this morning, he was a real challenge to paint small, binned several versions lol

3 Likes

The kingfisher looks great on the easel Hazel.

Lovely work Max, hope you have a good day at work.

morning all…great work.
Max , hope your dad makes a quick recovery.
Just listed this one

1 Like

very pretty scene Brenda, it’s refreshing to look at snow in the heat of this hot and stuffy office!

1 Like

Lovely Brenda :smile:

Thank you Margaret :smile:

I have been painting onto wood panels today … experimenting as I do …this is my latest piece and I also did a mixed media piece … very different for me, but exciting too … so i blogged about it http://www.artinwax.co.uk/blog/mixed-media-encaustic/

2 Likes

That’s lovely Hazel. I’ll have to read the blog properly when I have more time but it’s clear you’re having fun!

1 Like

Very pretty work from you all today. I’m off out into the garden for the afternoon, catch you later :slight_smile:

1 Like

waving everyone…nice work Hazel…
beautiful day…windows open…time to paint…

1 Like