Weekly Art Chat w/c 23rd June

Morning all, I’m painting today, doing some larger beach paintings for this weekend’s exhibition.

Meanwhile, here’s another abstract newly listed today

http://folksy.com/items/6379641-Abstract-ACEO-Miniature-ORIGINAL-Painting-

1 Like

That’s very pretty Stephie, when I looked at it I thought ‘hibiscus’. It’s a flower bursting with colour. I’m going to buy some Brusho when I reach my goal weight of 10 stone. (That’ll probably be around Christmas then!)

1 Like

Thanks Margaret, it is now called ‘Hibiscus’ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My oil pastels have arrived! Can’t wait to paint with them. They’re Faber Castell and the instruction leaflet says I can even use them in an encaustic way by heating them up first. Exciting! :slight_smile: They do pong though…

2 Likes

Oh wow that does sound exciting! Looking forward to seeing your experiments :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all just flying by … really busy day here and a bit of excitement too …

I’ve posted about it here :

Hope you are all having a good day

Back later

Hazel

3 Likes

Wow @HazelRayfield, the videos are great, well done!

1 Like

Wow well done Hazel.
I have been cleaning the patio yesterday pm and today am using a new pressure washer, much better than the old one. Dozens of pots and outdoor furniture had to be moved. All sparkling now and me exhausted.

1 Like

Very good videos Hazel, I really like the way you can see the texture on the vids, and the way the wax floated around on the abstract aceo was magical.

I’ve just applied to join artfinder with my A4 watersoluble wax beach scenes. Fingers crossed they accept me…

2 Likes

Thanks Fatema, Tessa and Stephie :slight_smile:

Yes they were great fun to do … some of the out - takes, now gone forever where very funny !!! got the giggles and swore a couple of times too lol

Really excited to see the demonstrations now live we did them over a month ago but they have been in the US being approved, uploaded etc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Remember my seagulls? I’ve just listed this one, mounted.

I’ll be mounting quite a few of my postcards over the next couple of days in readiness for the exhibition at the weekend. We can enter as many mounted (but unframed) as we like. Hehehe…do they know how many unframed paintings I have???

5 Likes

That seagull looks fab mounted Stephie! :smile:

2 Likes

I do remember that one Stephie and it looks great mounted :smile:

All the best with the exhibit at the weekend :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve never looked at artfinder before, but I have now, yours look fab!

1 Like

It was very interesting to hear you talking and watch you working, makes me appreciate your work even more than I did before! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you Margaret you are very kind :slight_smile: I don’t normally do a piece to camera in my videos but I wanted these to be different and after I managed to stop giggling it was fine - as I say, a bit of a blush moment but hey ho !!!

This style of painting is different to when I paint onto card the wax is different too, they are all in our lounge now curing, we made the videos a few weeks ago so they are starting to hardener :slight_smile: I think the sunflower is my favourite … And I have more ACEO panels so will painting more of these in the future.

2 Likes

Sorry I can’t go and watch your dvd Hazel but after getting threatened virus attacks twice yesterday I am not taking any more chances…so I am not clicking on ANYTHING. Thankfully my antivirus softward blocked the attacks but it still unnerved me…

1 Like

Thanks Margaret :slight_smile: their fees are really high but they seem to do a lot of promotion so hopefully I’ll make some sales

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to my next “commission”, I’m painting a matching silk scarf and pocket square for my son’s college prom next week :smiley: The pocket square is all set up ready for painting tomorrow.

1 Like

Morning, waving hi to everyone. Well what a pain I’ve had between the server errors here on and off for the past few days and my internet playing up not been able to get on here for longer than a few minutes before crashing! seems okay this morning though.

Loving the brusho Stephie.

Have fun with your oil pastels Margaret, I used mine encaustic style to do the rose on this one

and your right they do pong a bit!

Brenda, good job your antivirus caught them I’ve had one get through a while ago and it was a pain clearing it off, luckily it was just an advertising one but I’m super wary what I click on and usually skip links, but if I’m interested I’ll copy and paste into my browser instead which seems to be okay.

will come back to check out your links Hazel, be off to work shortly and have my daily listing to sort :smile:
Just listed this one

http://folksy.com/items/6384641-Necklace-Handmade-Rose-Garden-wire-wrapped-Orange-Free-UK-P-P

back after work

2 Likes