Weekly Art Chat w/c 23rd June

Morning all, lovely work so far.

Gaynor, why not give it a go, some of it is a bit basic but it’s fun to do and there’s freebies at the end of it! :smile:

1 Like

There seem to have been some server problems again, glad to have been able to get on at last!

1 Like

Go for it Gaynor.
Waves @ Margaret. Very quiet on here again isn’t it.
I have been doing battle with an overgrown bit of garden this am before we get rain.

1 Like

Just managed to get back on and list!
I saw an enormous thistle and couldn’t resist painting it! I’ve decided to sell this one ready-framed. Glad everyone is enjoying the Derwent Academy challenges!

5 Likes

That thistle looks great Pam! :smiley:

2 Likes

Lovely thistle!

1 Like

Afternoon all, love the thistle Pam :smile:

I have been painting Herons … I did this sketch while we were away and now have had a go with the wax …

5 Likes

Lovely thistle Pam. It’s very brave of you to post glass, I don’t think I’d dare!

Hazel I just saw one of your herons on facebook - they’re fab.

Gaynor the course took me between 10 to 20 minutes per day including watching the videos, depending on how fast you paint of course. I didn’t learn anything new but have got 24 pastel pencils heading my way for free, so if you’re not doing anything else with your time then go for it!

2 Likes

Fab herons Hazel x x

1 Like

Evening all, what fabulous herons Hazel :slight_smile: am exhausted so heading off for an early night :slight_smile:

2 Likes

morning all…off out shopping today…hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather and painting.

1 Like

morning Brenda, i’d rather be painting than working lol! back later

1 Like

Morning all, I’m painting today, doing some larger beach paintings for this weekend’s exhibition.

Meanwhile, here’s another abstract newly listed today

http://folksy.com/items/6379641-Abstract-ACEO-Miniature-ORIGINAL-Painting-

1 Like

That’s very pretty Stephie, when I looked at it I thought ‘hibiscus’. It’s a flower bursting with colour. I’m going to buy some Brusho when I reach my goal weight of 10 stone. (That’ll probably be around Christmas then!)

1 Like

Thanks Margaret, it is now called ‘Hibiscus’ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My oil pastels have arrived! Can’t wait to paint with them. They’re Faber Castell and the instruction leaflet says I can even use them in an encaustic way by heating them up first. Exciting! :slight_smile: They do pong though…

2 Likes

Oh wow that does sound exciting! Looking forward to seeing your experiments :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all just flying by … really busy day here and a bit of excitement too …

I’ve posted about it here :

Hope you are all having a good day

Back later

Hazel

3 Likes

Wow @HazelRayfield, the videos are great, well done!

1 Like

Wow well done Hazel.
I have been cleaning the patio yesterday pm and today am using a new pressure washer, much better than the old one. Dozens of pots and outdoor furniture had to be moved. All sparkling now and me exhausted.

1 Like