Weekly Art Chat w/c 28th July 2014 ..... come see and chat about all thing Arty!

Morning all, thought I’d show my seagull print - hope you like him x

2 Likes

Morning Linda your Seagull is great I spotted him yesterday while having a browse of your shop :slight_smile:

Good to have you posting here in Art Chat :smile:

Hazel

1 Like

I’m getting terribly confused with the thread changing each week. I invited Linda to chat with us but gave her the link to last week’s thread by mistake! that’s one reason why it was quiet in here yesterday I was busy chatting on last week’s thread!lol Sorry Linda, if I confused you (I confuse myself all the time!) Lovely seagull btw :smile:

Fab ACEO Hazel.

@StephanieGuy I haven’t decided yet which I prefer, I need to experiment more. I like each one for different reasons, not got a favourite yet.

1 Like

Why does the thread have to change?

Tessa, originally a lot of us wanted to keep the Daily art thread, because it’s what we were used to. Admin preferred us to have a weekly thread and we gave it a go. To be honest I think now it would be better to have a monthly thread, like the daily listers do. It’s easier to remember that the thread changes with the month, to stop it getting too big.

What does everyone think? Should we start having a Monthly Art Chat thread, especially with August coming up, it would be a good time to change?

I’d be more than happy with a monthly one, how are we all today? I’ve been busy, mowed the lawns, been to the supermarker and cleaned my kitchen, time for a cuppa I think :smile:

Love the colours in your seagull Linda

Quiet for me too Hazel, hopefully the dry spell won’t last long, lovely ACEO

1 Like

I would prefer monthly for the thread.Yearly would be even better lol.
Lemon polenta cake report from yesterday: topping lovely, cake a bit dry. Lunch was tapas, all nice.

Two ladies are coming today to look at my lavender paintings.

2 Likes

I think it’s the summertime lull, so many people are away or out in the sunshine.

Just a quick hello everyone :slight_smile:

I finally got a studio day, it’s cool enough and although there is web work to do I’ve decided I’m having an art day !!! Miniatures today :slight_smile:

Just going to have a lunch break so I’ll be back later …

Monthly sounds good to me, let’s go for it from the 1st August :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is a nice thread! Some pretty work shown off too - must go and see it properly…

If I can get off the Forum, I have two book-binding projects on the go. Nice fun this afternoon, choosing colour of Murano paper to line the covers of a special book. It has some beautiful, summery paper, with ferns and butterflies on it.

Maybe I can get organised and do some work on it…

Have fun everyone!

Lizzie

Waving, all!
Hope your Art day is going well, Hazel!
A monthly thread sounds good to me.
The book sounds beautiful, Lizzie!

You have some lovely things in your shop lizzie :slight_smile:

Thanks Pam :slight_smile: it’s starting to get too hot in there now just had a nice cream :slight_smile: to cool down but I think I’ll be packing up soon …

Been a good day painting and I have done some new miniatures that I’m really happy with :slight_smile:

Look forward to seeing your new miniatures Hazel! :smile:

You’ve got some gorgeous books and photo albums in your shop Lizzie! :smile:

Waving Pam!

Just posted a photo on FB if you fancy a look later Margaret :slight_smile:

Just seen them Hazel, they are all very good!

Here are the poppies I’ve been playing with. This one is mostly inktense with a bit of artbar and is a picture Stephie might recognise as I was inspired by one of her paintings which is hanging on my wall! :smile:

This one was using artbars

and this one with Inktense

I’m only playing at this stage, just getting used to what I can do with them :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Margaret I was inspired to paint tiny today :slight_smile:

Your Poppies are wonderful, I can’t choose which I like best … If I have to pick one then the bottom one, the texture and the colour is amazing :slight_smile:

Thanks Hazel! :smile:

1 Like

Tiredly checking in after a busy day outdoors - we went for a bike ride today, great fun but quite exhausting!

Looks like it’s been quite busy in here today :smile:

I’m happy with a monthly thread - I forgot this week and posted in the wrong one to begin with too. Perhaps we could include a monthly challenge within the thread?

Beautiful seagull Linda, I do love all things seaside.

Did either of the ladies buy your painting Tessa? Did they come to your house? I’m not sure I’d like that.

Hello Lizie @LizzieMade, welcome to the thread. I adore your butterflies and birds wedding guest book.

Waving Pam, are you busy creating?

Hazel you’ve just reminded me, I promised myself an icecream today but didn’t get it. Must try harder tomorrow lol.

Margaret you’re learning very fast! My favourites are the 2nd two, you’ve got wonderful textures and colours in them.

I didn’t get any painting done today, but I did sort out (and clean up) my travelling inktense blocks. They now sit neatly next to each other wrapped up in tinfoil inside a small tin so that they won’t rub and bounce around each other and get dirty again.

2 Likes

Morning all, waving hi

Morning Max and well done of your sales, wow over 250 just here on Folksy :smile: I’m not surprised though your pieces are lovely …

Waving everyone, catch up with you all later …

I had fun painting minis yesterday might do some more today but for now I have been making them into images display in my 1:12 scale Gallery …

3 Likes