Weekly Art Chat w/c 28th July 2014 ..... come see and chat about all thing Arty!

Morning all, your gallery looks fabulous Hazel!

Phew just back from my walk, thought Iā€™d get an early start before it gets too hot! itā€™s a lovely morning :slight_smile:

thank you Hazel, :slight_smile: Iā€™m really pleased and so glad I made the decision to have just the one shop, makes things so much easier to promote. Before this I had separate jewellery and papercraft shops,both were doing okay but it was hard work keeping up both of them. My total sales between the other two and this one have now reached over 500!!! which Iā€™m actually quite stunned by, never would I have thought when I started out 4 years ago I would have done this well, especially given that my frst sale took nearly 4 months to achieve and I have Margaret to thank for that :smile:

Your gallery is looking fabulous by the way

1 Like

Morning Max, glad to hear youā€™ve had so many sales, itā€™s good to know I was able to help get you started! :smiley:

1 Like

okay Iā€™ve decided to have a go at the United by Art Challenge today with the trees. I found a box of unopened watercolour tubes when I was cleaning up a few weeks ago so thought Iā€™d give them a go, I have sketched and added two layers of paint currently drying under clingfilm! hmm not sure how thatā€™s going to work out and so far Iā€™ve not used a brush at all (well except to apply the masking fluid) all done so far with a natural sponge. Iā€™m getting impatient now waiting for it to dry so I can peel off the cling flim. I need a distraction??

I find eating chocolate/cakes/biscuits a good distraction. Good luck with the challenge. Donā€™t know yet if Iā€™ll do this one, Iā€™ve so many things I want to paint!

No chocolate, biscuits or cakes for me I just started my diet :(, but thatā€™s okay I had a nctarine instead, yummy juicy and no fat in sight lol!.

Hereā€™s my WIP

prep sketch

and I have just taken the clingfilm off, need to leave well alone now until itā€™s fully dry before I rub the masking fluid off - so Iā€™m off out for a bit

2 Likes

Sounds like a good distraction technique to me Margaret lol I had to have a Belgian chocolate cookie just now :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been very bad this week, had a mac flurry yesterday - only second time Iā€™ve had one, we have a Mac Donaldā€™s very close by but Iā€™d never been in there before last week when I was introduced to these ice creams on my nieceā€™s recommendation lol

Look forward to seeing how the trees go Max ā€¦

Those trees are looking good Max!

Iā€™m supposed to be on a diet too, but maybe Iā€™ll start it tomorrowā€¦

Iā€™ve never had a mac flurry Hazel, but it sounds nice!

1 Like

Margaret it was lovely - they have a few to choose from I had an areo one !!! And ok Iā€™m going to confess I had a peach and passion fruit smoothie too - never had one of those before - even better than the ice cream :-0

Iā€™m not doing well on the resisting front at all this week lol

Iā€™m doing quite well on resisting spending this week. I have to after the bill for my new tyres!

Never mind, itā€™s payday tomorrow! :smile:

3 Likes

Always a good day :slight_smile: although Iā€™m self employed so got to do the month end accounts before I get paid !!!

Hi everyone! Iā€™ve been busy painting, so this is my first chance on here today and find talk of delicious cakes, biscuits, ice-creams and smoothies! Yum!
Iā€™ve just listed an ACEO Iā€™ve finished of a cottage I saw at Easter when visiting Dartmoor. I took a photo and have only just got round to painting it!

1 Like

Pam, your cottage is gorgeous, no wonder it sold already!

1 Like

Thanks, Margaret! The whole village is so pretty and I took other photos, too, so I hope Iā€™ll paint more views of Buckland In The Moor. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ooh that ACEO was beautiful Pam. I need to stop on this for a bit now itā€™s too wet to get anymore detail.

off to sit and watch some TV with hubs so may pop back later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Max that is wonderful :smile:

Waving everyone ā€¦ Ill pop back later got work to do first off had a couple days of ā€œminiaturizingā€ and need to do month stuff now :smile:

Morning everyone. Iā€™m still here! Time seems to be shooting along at the moment. Iā€™m friends with people on FB now though so feel as though Iā€™m keeping in touch that way.

Hazel - love your trees and the technique you used for them. Youā€™ve inspired me to give that a try.

Iā€™m still waiting for the preliminary sketch on the Landie to be approved :frowning: Will chase up today. But the good news is Iā€™ve got 2 further commissions - one for an Aston Martin and one for a Bumblebee :smiley:

Hope all is well with you guys.

Gaynor

Hi Gaynor, congrats on the commissions, itā€™s good to be able to keep in touch on FB :smile:

Max, those trees are brilliant, look forward to seeing it finished.

1 Like

morning, I decided I didnā€™t like the water was a bit too blue so I have toned it down, got a little more to do on the trees in the background, and the forgroud needs some tinkering but nearly there

3 Likes

Itā€™s really interesting to see the various stages in itā€™s development Max :smile:

1 Like