Weekly Art Chat w/c 7th July

Hope this is right, Testing!

1 Like

Oooh @ArtByRiver your shop is beautiful!

2 Likes

Art by River, that’s lovely, your shop is fab!

Very interesting about the Brusho fading Tessa, maybe I won’t starve myself for weeks with the incentive of getting some then…lol

It’s interesting about the Joanne Boone DVD, but I never have time these days to watch DVDs. I bought a couple of Janet Whittles DVDs from her workshop at a bargain basement price, but never have time to watch them!

1 Like

Thank you Stephanie and Louisa. One day I shall get the hang of these gadget thingies, but don’t see that happening soon! I love painting but computers don’t like me . Lol x

1 Like

Tessa, do they just fade naturally with daylight and if so how long were these left before they faded. ??
It would be awful if you sold a painting and within a few months it had faded. I don’t think I will invest in any of these then.

3 Likes

That’s a very good question Brenda

1 Like

Most of the colours that changed had done so after 2 weeks with a bit more change in some of them after 4 weeks. I knew they faded as I have tested them before by putting them in the window. the colours I tested for FW inks, w&n and SAA all kept their colours.

1 Like

Good Morning All :smile:

I have been up early and doing some listing … I have a lovely lot of stock in my folksy shop now … just need to sell a few :slight_smile: I am hoping to reach my 100 sales on folksy this month :smile:

Look forward to seeing your work today

Hazel

http://folksy.com/items/6453511-Landscape-Countryside-ATC-ACEO-Original-Miniature-Collectible

http://folksy.com/items/6453491-Daisy-ACEO-Original-Miniature-Collectible

3 Likes

morning everyone.
Nice work Hazel.
Thanks for the reply Tessa…that is a real worry re the brusho paints. I won’t buy any as I would be horrified if someone returned a painting to me, saying that it had faded. I suppose that the manufacturers know about this problem?..
Also a big concern for people like Joanne Boon Thomas who does beautiful work and demonstrates Brusho. I hope that there are no major repercussions.

1 Like

Lovely work Hazel, both are beautiful in different ways.

Brenda, I expect people like Joanne are aware of which colours are lightfast and which are not, and steer clear of the ones that fade. If anyone is going to use Brusho in work they’re offering for sale they do need to be aware of potential problems.

1 Like

I have been reading on Google so many conflicting views re Brusho… does fade does not fade, lots of famous artists are using them…May be the answer is do not leave them on the window sill… Ha! ha!
There is another opinion that is to varnish to seal them!
If you are selling aceos they will be put in an album in most cases, therefore protected? Very interesting, I am loving using them, I mix mine with acrylics and artists watercolour paints.
It is great to try new products!! Jeanie x

1 Like

Were they in direct sunlight Tessa? I’d only be concerned if they faded in natural light out of the sun. I always advise that any water based artwork is kept out of the sun and away from damp.

1 Like

Just listed this one. I did a few more photos this morning but the light’s not great, they seem to have a blue/grey cast.

2 Likes

Very appropriate for the holiday season Stephie :smile:

ACEO that I listed today, hope my picture works!

2 Likes

And this one, may have to redo this photo though.

2 Likes

these are gorgeous River!

1 Like

Thank you so much Louisa

1 Like

what is it about me that everyone wants to have a go at me…NOW I get a message from Sian on admin saying that they are moving the" favourite the shop above" and the" flower" threads to promotional threads and will I keep promotions to this link !!
SO what about the alphabet game and the colour game and even the art gallery…surely they are ALL promotional threads…P****D off…

1 Like

this is the message…and surely every time anyone on THIS thread shows their work it is to promote what is for sale in their shop
Just to let you know I’m moving two of your topics from Craft Talk to Showcase (Floral items and Favourite & show an item from the shop above). Could you please try to keep promotional threads (i.e. threads which primarily links to items for sale) in Showcase?

1 Like