Weekly Art Chat w/c 21st July ..... come on in and see whats going on

This is the place to chat about all things Arty …

Good Morning everyone, hope you had a good weekend :slight_smile:

We had a very mixed weekend weather wise, very humid today but I did get some time to paint and have a couple new ACEO’s to list this week …

This is new today …

http://folksy.com/items/6489669-ACEO-Beach-Seascape-Boat-Original-Art

Look forward to seeing what you are all up too :slight_smile:

Hazel

2 Likes

Morning Hazel…you have been using that very steady hand again…not easy doing boats etc…well done.
I have just listed this one.

1 Like

Hallo you two early birds!
lovely paintings to start the week!
Jeanie x

Lovely work Hazel and Max, waving Jeanie! :smile:

Brenda @teabreaks I have just seen your painting on the front page!
So I have loved it!
Saw yours as well Hazel @HazelRayfield

Shirley x

That’s lovely Brenda and yes a steady hand is needed when painting in miniature with a hot stylus lol

Morning Jeanie thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Margaret and thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Shirley @WhimsyWooDesigns and thank you, yes good to my painting on the home page if only for a few minutes lol hope all is good with you in the miniature world too

Morning early birds!

My new aceo
I used artists w.c. acrylic and brusho paints, all mixed okay! to make a vibrant landscape!
Jeanie x

2 Likes

That is very pretty jeanie the colours are so vibrant :smile:

Waving Tessa :slight_smile:

So pretty Jeanie! those colours are gorgeous!

Morning everyone and lovely paintings Hazel, Brenda and Jeanie I’m loving your vibrant colours.

Things are really picking up for me now. I’ve just got a space in a local shop and sold 20 items in 18days! The other side is going well too. Sadly not here and I’ve made the decision to only have a limited number of items on Folksy.

Anyway must get painting to increase my stock and I will still pop in every now and then to see your wonderful artwork.

1 Like

Hi Annable, great to hear things are going well for you :slight_smile:

Great to hear your good news Annabel, it’s obvious that when people can actually see your items they sell very well. Sorry Folksy isn’t so successful you but you have to go where the sales are.

Hi All,

Reading through this thread, I must say it never ceases to amaze me the detail you get into these ACEO’s, truly beautiful. I only recently discovered these little gems (as those on the July Lions Daily Listers thread will know), and decided to have a go at one yesterday, using a little mixed media. This was the end result, and I have a few more ideas up my sleeve. I may even try my hand at some drawing and painting again, which I haven’t touched for years now.

@Louisa15 Thanks Margaret for suggesting I pop on over here. :smile:

Annelee xx

1 Like

Great to see you posting your lovely ACEO over here, it’s so pretty, and it’s that bit different too. Hope it sells for you and that you start painting and drawing again, you might enjoy it! :slight_smile:

Shirley, I blinked and missed it !!
Morning Tessa, Shirley, Margaret, Jeanie and Hazel.

OK, I am having one of those irritating days…some of you can read my rant about the council on facebook…lol…
However, someone on the forums was asking about getting on the front page and Camilla (presumably from admin) told me that one of my holdbacks was because I had a border around my pictures. I explained that I had to take a photo with a border because Folksy insist on squared off pics and so I have to leave a border, so that when I adapt it (as required) I don’t lose any of the painting…If I showed a picture of the whole painting then when squared, the sides would be cut off…this is her reply…not sure that I agree…
copied…

FolksycontentCamilla25m
Personally I don’t think it matters if the edges are cut off the painting in the preview square because people can click through to see the whole work. I think it look would better if your work either filled the whole preview square or if you styled the shot by using a frame.

I have pointed out to her that I show two pics in my listing…(a squared one and a full content one that gets distorted)…and told her that I thought it would look dreadful to have the edges cut off any painting as that would take away some of the important content of any work of art. Most sales of paintings go on the fact that someone sees it and is instantly attracted to it…they would not want to just see a section of it.
Do you agree and is it just me?..and anyway surely if they want full content pics, then there is one there that they can use…just sounds like another excuse to me.

Brenda, what do all the other artists do to get around this problem? I’ve seen lots of the others on the front page? Can you do what they do? I thought Camilla was quite helpful in giving examples of how other artists present their photos so perhaps it’s just a case of learning how to do your photos in a similar kind of way?

1 Like

Thanks Hazel @HazelRayfield yes all is very well in my miniature world!

I have been busy designing patterns for miniature carpets and rugs like crazy.
Dusted off a few designs which I started a few years ago and finished them.
I have been preparing them for printing on suede fabric by Spoonflower in the USA which gives a very realistic miniature carpet result.
Finally had 15 ready for test printing at the weekend and ordered the test swatches so that I can check the colours and designs print ok.
Hopefully the end result will be a realistic dolls’ house carpet or rug which doesn’t take months to stitch but is still very realistic and can be sold at a reasonable price.
I have tried printing them on to fabric through my own printer but the results are not realistic as the fabric is way too thin to be a miniature carpet.

Shirley x

2 Likes