Weekly Art Chat w/c 7th July

Afternoon all, just popping by to catch up. Brenda don’t feel bad they are all in showcase now, if you read the top bit of each category it does say not to use this one for promotion, I guess we take a chance showing our work for sale here too, they could delete it for breaking the rules if they wanted to, then we would be sent to the naughty step lol! :wink: we’re okay for showing work in progress or ones not listed or already sold I guess especially if we are using as an example as long as there’s not too many new ones, must admit I have added a few myself oops!

1 Like

Here is a link to a simple colour fast test, similar to mine.The reason for putting them in the sun is that it speeds everything up and allows you to compare makes. I was told if you get any change after a month the colours are not very reliable.So if one colour fades in the sun after 2 weeks and another is unchanged after 3 months you get an idea how well they will last when they are on a wall away from direct sunlight eg 2 years or 20 years or whatever.
The link contains another link for more advanced tests.
ACEOs in wallets or greetings cards I don’t think it’s a problem problem anyway.
A friend of mine had her Brusho paintings in a gallery, they were put in the window and they faded while on show there.

http://painting.about.com/od/colourtheory/ht/lightfastness.htm

1 Like

My digital artwork. For sale on my shop.

4 Likes

Hi Irridescent, that’s a lovely atmospheric artwork, welcome to the thread :smile:

Brenda, don’t take it to heart. This chat thread is fine here because it’s primarily chat and it differentiates us from the No Chat Art Thread that’s on Showcase. Showing was you’ve listed today here is OK, it’s a completely different style of thread than purely promotion.

1 Like

then Sian should have just moved the thread and put a note saying “This thread has now been moved to the showcase”…instead of which, to get a message from her was like telling me off. I won’t start any more threads…thought I was helping people but people just find fault.

1 Like

Brenda it’s not personal, I’ve had some of mine moved or merged with other similar threads.

Thanks for that link Tessa, I’ll go have a read.

Iridescent that’s lovely. I’m off for a poke around your shop. …

1 Like

Good Morning All :smile:

Just noticed my status has now changed on the forum and I’m now a leader !!! not sure what that means if anything lol

These are some wildflowers I painted a while ago … thought I’d show them today :slight_smile:

http://folksy.com/items/5649441-Wildflower-Landscape-Painting-Original-Postcard-size-Art

4 Likes

I’m a leader too, how exciting! Apparently a leader can
’recategorize, rename, followed links and lounge’ Brenda and Stephie are both leaders too.

Brenda, you’re obviously well thought of by admin to be granted leader status, only 33 of us have it.

Lovely flowers Hazel :smile:

1 Like

Oooh I’m looking forward to lounging around with you guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure what they mean by lounging!lol

2 Likes

I sketched this little fellow yesterday. Sadly he wasn’t sketched from life, I was sat in the car waiting to pick up my daughter after orchestra practice so used a picture I had on my phone.

When this forum was in test mode we had a discussion about where this thread should sit. Should it belong in showcase as we are promoting our latest paintings or should it belong in craft talk because we discuss techniques? In the end we went for craft talk. To be honest I don’t think it makes any difference at all, I for one don’t use the categories at all.

2 Likes

love the way the cockerel is looking straight at the viewer, a cockerel with attitude!

I don’t notice which categories threads are in either. The way this forum is organised it’s not as obvious as it was in the old one.

1 Like

Hi Margaret I don’t use the categories just the latest post list …

Great chicken Stephie :slight_smile:

Very quiet in here, I’ve been out for coffee with my neice and succumbed to a chocolate brownie :-0

Earlier I listed new cards on my website, restocking having sold several at the weekend, even had to take some out for folksy shop to meet demand and had emails from the customers saying how pleased they are with them … So I thought I’d list some more :slight_smile:
They are great fun to paint, almost like a miniature but on a card :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it is quiet in here, we seem to have morphed into a thread more about promotion and sales, and less about chat and developing our artistic juices. Perhaps we need a challenge of some sorts?

1 Like

Did someone mention a challenge? I’m up for that, who’s going to decide what we do? :smile:

I agree Stephie this chat thread isn’t as it use to be …

So what are thinking … Pick a subject and we all do an impression of it ?

Let’s keep it simple and hopefully everyone will join in

Hazel

Or a theme? That means everyone can interpret it how they want? We need more fun on this thread! :smile:

Yes a theme sounds good, and in a style or composition that is different to usual? So for example, if we said “summer” I couldn’t use one of my splashy beaches. That would make us think outside the box and it would be more interesting.

Isn’t that strange, I was thinking of summer too! Maybe that’s a bit too wide ranging though. What about summer holidays? And yes, it would have to be something other than our usual styles.

Summer holidays gets my vote. Anyone else?