Weekly natterings beg.14th Sept

Hellooooooo,
well I have had a wonderful day today. I went to my favourite wool shop and bought. Oh I couldnt help myself, there was so many lovely colours. I had some ideas whizzing round my pea brain, but couldnt do anything about them as I didnt have the colours to make them work. Now I have I cant wait to start, just a few sheep faces to knit first, then new stitches, new colours, new ideas…
No1 son just about packed and ready to go off to Uni, had to tailor some shirts for him this afternoon, amazing a tailored shirt in a well know high street store charged £30 for one tailored shirt, or a pack of three regular fit for £30, mmmmmm guess which we plumped for, good job I’m a handy mum!
So how goes it with everyone else?
Suzzie x

1 Like

Great sewing cheat, Suzzie! Personally I never buy my little son separate school shorts-I chop them and turn the spare material into patch pockets. Learning to use a sewing machine is one of the best skills I have ever learnt.

Love Sam x

Glad you enjoyed your day Suzzie @thistledownandHOPE. I am jealous of your shopping trip - I so want to buy some more wool tops but have forbidden myself any more purchases until I have used up some of the box loads I already have! Trouble is you never have exactly what you want :smile:

I am feeling exhausted, not too sure why but I think the weekend is catching up with me. Took my car for a service today - I do love my service plan, I pay monthly and so it only cost me £6 today. I know I probably pay more overall but it always seems like a bargain! Got caught in the most horrendous thunderstorm when I was picking it up - don’t think I’ve ever seen so much rain come down in such a short time. Am picking up my new car on Thursday - I’m leasing a little one just for work and keeping my current one for everything else and for the girls to use - very exciting :smile:

Hello all.
Hope you are all okay.
I’m glad you’re daughter liked the hama beads suzzie @thistledownandHOPE can’t wait to see abit more of her lovely creation.
Can’t wait to see what you make with the wool you told us about.
I’m in the middle of crocheting a blanket for my friends kids so need to take a trip into town later in the week. apparently there is a new haberdashery in town. So can’t wait to have a look.

As you may have gathered I’m back from my little hospital visit. I have to go back tomorrow to see the surgeon but so glad to be home now.

Roz @OrchardFelts I’m loving the look of your new shop.

Hello Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880 glad you are back and already making! You must be better if the lure of a new haberdashers gets you out and about in this weather!
Hama bead project is a slow one I am afraid, but it is beautiful.
Sheep faces are also a slow knit tonight as well, so as always with me dont hold your breath waiting for my new listings!! They are just at idea stage at this mo’, but I am aware Christmas is just around the corner and so I must knit on,
Suzzie x

Hi, Glad you enjoyed your shopping trip Suzzie and hope everyone had a good day. Glad to see you’re back @hobbitgirlie1880 hope tomorrow’s hospital visit goes ok. I’ve been sat a log cabin all day as I’ve had men in laying a floor downstairs, I’ll be back in there again tomorrow while they finish. Have a great day tomorrow everyone. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If you’re offering to take clothes in @thistledownandHOPE I got myself a new vintage dress recently which needs a couple of reverse darts putting in the back… I probably could sew them in myself if I’m honest but I need someone to do the pinning bit and at this rate I’m going to end up waiting until my folks come to visit in November (my Dad is the son of a dressmaker, he used to end up fitting dresses/ hanging hems as a lad so a very handy man to know).

Love your cheek Sasha @SashaGarrett ! But I am afraid you’ll have to wait and ask your dad!
Quite impressed that having put the ‘tailored’ darts in,No1 son ironed them!
F

Sorry, phone froze!
Finished sheep heads for clothes hangers, so today I can start creating new hangers and hotties, very excited as I really don’t know what colour combination to start with! Silly really. New stitch for me too, something I have never knitted before, so an evening of playing. Note to self: Must write all workings down this time!
Suzzie x

Pretty please? I’ll do the ironing (not sure if the fabric is suitable for ironing, it is a 60’s synthetic with lots of silver lame worked into it)… Oh well I’ll just have to wear my other vintage dress that’s already been taken in should the occasion arise before I see the folks.

Hello all. We had a monster storm here yesterday, thunder and lightning and rain like I’ve never seen before. Within minutes the roads had turned into rivers!

Spent 45mins today trying to arrange a new car insurance policy…after putting all the details in online I then had to repeat them all on the phone, not once, not twice but at least 5 times to various departments before I got it sorted. Grrr. Not sure why they thought my details would change between talking to customer services, new business department, payment department, back to new business department, put on hold, new business department again and finally payment department and each time I had to confirm all my details. Think I’m insured now!

Hoping to relax this evening with a bit of crafting.