Weekly natterings beg. Tuesday 8th!

Well I dont know where Monday went , but we are at Tuesday eve and this is the new weekly thread!!
Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880 hope tomorrow is still on the cards and all goes well.
Havent done much to report on, been too cold to work on the allotment, been too dull to motivate me to make onion marmalade, knitted the wrong size sheep heads, so all in all a bad beginning to the week. BUT because it is too cold to go to the allotment I have been knit knit knitting, putting together pinterest-folksy boards, and trying to come up with new ideas.
What have you all been up to, its been VERY quiet here on the natterings thread so I am presuming there is much creativity going on, go on show and tell!
Suzzie x

I have made a section of some cot bumpers for my grandson. each section wraps around 2 bars of the cot. I posted it off today so my son can check it fits before I do any more…they live in Lincoln…a long way from me in Kent.
I have also made some Christmas decorations for my shop…

Kim
x

Oh they are really lovely Kim @KBCreations I bet they fly out your shop. Cant wait to favorite them!
I havent done anything specifically for Christmas, and am feeling a little bit as if I am missing out, but this will be my first Folksy Christmas so I will assess it all after the event and maybe do something for next year, when I know how my stuff in my shop fares.
Suzzie x

Thank you @thistledownandHOPE. Last year was my first Christmas and I was really busy in October and November, I hadn’t made enough…so I’m stocking up a bit this year…just hope it’s as busy as last year!
I have listed the decorations…they are sold in pairs. They sold well last year but I have some new ones to do as well so I’m hoping to start those tomorrow.

Kim
x

Hi @thistledownandHOPE & @KBCreations, I’ve been working on new ‘mini canvas prints’ this past week, listed two so far. I’ve listed packs of Christmas cards, but so far that’s all for Christmas, although I have recently listed some Halloween cards & invites. Not great having cold weather now is it, let’s hope we get some sunshine.
https://folksy.com/items/6709804-Mini-Canvas-Print-Fairy-Toadstool-

Lol ladies, I have been busy at the paid job (shouting at kids all day) as we went back to school this week! I can’t get over how small the y7 students are, and how sweet! I had about ten of them lined up fifteen minutes before the lesson was due to start this afternoon because they were so worried that they would be late/not able to find the class! I want to spend the weekend creating and listing, but I’ll probably have a load of lessons to prepare so we will have to see…

1 Like

Morning everyone.
Just thought I’d let you all know I’m officially going in to hospital today.
Will be good to get sorted
Then I’ll be back to chat and list like a mad woman.
I hope everyone gets lots of sales and speak to you all soon. :smiley:

Good luck @beaded treasures. Hope all goes well!

x

All the best Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880. Hope all goes according to plan and you come out feeling much better.

Get well soon @hobbitgirlie1880 :sunflower:

I’ll look forward to seeing you back listing like crazy :smiley:

I hope it all goes well Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880 and you feel better soon xx

Finished my St Petersburg chain stitch bracelets on Monday :slight_smile: Finally :slight_smile: Here’s one of them

1 Like

@hobbitgirlie1880 Hope everything goes well & see you back on here soon!

Great news Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880, at least somethings happening! Hope to see you back soon.

Where have you all gone?!

Had good intentions to do lots of crafting today but got embroiled in divorce settlement pension arrangements - bit of a minefield! Looks like I might have to find £300 a month from somewhere until I’m 55 - good job thats not too far in the future.

On the bright side I got most of my tax return filled in and my application for tax credits so fingers crossed something comes of that :smile:

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine. My sister is currently cycling from Lands End to John O’Groats (mad I know) and is just finishing day 4 of 14. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the weather remains good for her for a little while yet.

hello Roz @OrchardFelts I have been thinking the same thing, thought maybe the natterings thread had run its course, had wondered if everyone is busy catching up with life now all the children have gone back to school, that they were just too exhausted at the end of the day…
Glad to hear you have managed to sort all things financial out.
I have nothing to report, havent made anything new to list, just been knitting stocj items, waiting for that Christmas rush!!
Susannah @curiousseagull where did you decide to move to? the little cottage or the flat with the bay window for the Christmas tree? When my two were little we lived in a house with a bay window and they thought it was made that way just for the Christmas tree!!
Have also been wondering where Kelly @tagpress has got to? I know she was hoping to move into something bigger… Kelly where are you?
So supper for me and No1 son tonight, wont see so much of him as we take him to Birmingham next weekend, and then some knitting, have an idea for a new ladies coat hanger… got the stitch sorted just not sure what colour
Speak to you all later
Suzzie x

Lol, Roz @OrchardFelts can’t speak for anyone else, but I’ve gone back to school!

Yes, divorce pensions settlements are a nightmare: I divorced 10 years ago, and I STILL get letters addressed to my married name! I’ve only contacted them 3 or 4 times about it. Heaven only knows what they will be like when I try to access the money.

It is sunny here too, but needless to say, way too hot to be in a classroom with 30 or so teenagers! Bet it rains at the weekend!

I’m here,but been busy today. I got an order for 20 pairs of embroidered Christmas oven gloves so I went out this morning to get fabric, then when I got home I ordered some other bits online, and then finished a Christmas stocking for my grandson…cooked dinner and ate it. Hubby’s washing up so managed to sit down for while!
It’s been sunny here too today and forecast is the same for tomorrow but I’m at work all day.

Have a good evening!
Kim x

I’m still here and have been keeping up with your news. I have to admit I’ve been a little lazy this week, enjoying the calm before the storm. I usually start getting hectic with Christmas orders in the last week of September so I’ve been making the most of it. I was trying to have a lie-in this morning but there have been tractors in the field next to my house since 7! It’s the field you can see out of the window in some of my photos, which will give you an idea of how close and loud they are :expressionless:
So I may as well get up and list the table runner I embroidered ready for Christmas :slight_smile:
I hope you all have a great Friday
Donna x

Another sunny day here today, so I am afraid I have to work on the lottie as I am doubling the size of the strawberry bed for next year, bonus is being able to scoff handfuls of these gems, which I did last year!

Suzzie x

1 Like