Weight loss on Folksy

Thank you ladies…it is harder to lose weight with a sedantary job, sitting at a sewing machine is just like me sitting on a bed :slight_smile: I think Pauline is right, it’s certainly harder to lose weight the older we get. My husband also lost half a stone when I gained it :smiley::joy:he needs to put weight on, not fair really is it but yes I can also offer some for free if anyone needs a little extra, especially around the middle :laughing:

1 Like

No hope for me I’ve just put a Raspberry & Almond loaf cake in the oven :joy:
Well done to those of you who have lost weight I just buy bigger clothes :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Michelle, no I am so hungry a slice of toast with sliced apple does not do it.

2 Likes

Sorry couldn’t resist providing a pic :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

That is just not cricket, lol. Looks delicious x

2 Likes

Hi all,

I loved reading all your posts and I can relate with quite a few. @ChameleonTrolls your cake looks delicious! This is my weakness too, I like cakes too much and I am too making my own. Sometimes I try the no-bake ones with no sugar, sometimes, I am making normal ones but I put partly wholemeal flour or almond ground and only half of the sugar (always brown) - they do turn out OK.
I am currently doing the 5:2 ‘diet’. I am eating quite healthily with plenty of fruits and vegetables. I jog every other day, I am doing a fitness routine nearly every day and I am going for a walk daily. I am losing about 400-500g a week so it is not a lot, but I am also enjoying the foods I like every now and then. Luckly, I am not into chocolate or ice cream but I can’t resist a good homemade cake. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well I’ve just weighed myself for this week and guess what… I’ve gained half a pound. What’s the point I’m thinking now and yes buy bigger clothes is a solution @cameleontrolls but when you need to loose weight for health problems it really is not a solution at all.

If you like cakes SW have lots of delicious cake recipes to try like lemon drizzle cake, chocolate cake and a lovely raspberry roulade.

Just going to try to work out why it keeps happening now

2 Likes

Got on the scales and still the same boo hoo. One thing do feel fitter though and slimmer so do not want to go back to my old ways.

The treadmill is getting used only delivered Monday but we are using it. 2 sessions of 15 minutes today rather than 3 of 10 minutes. Also picking up the speed. My heart rate is better as well as is my pulse. after 15 mins yesterday sat down and pulse was 119/79.

Anyone else got any news? Have our cholesterol blood tests next Wednesday, so our anniversary will be celebrated on the Wednesdy rather than the Tuesday, lol.

1 Like

Hi Caroline, don’t forget that staying at a constant weight is still a good thing! Your weight hasn’t increased and you are feeling fitter. Its often easy to lose weight at the start, and the fact that you’ve kept it stable while the highs of losing weight have gone, and you are on the nitty gritty bit as it were, is definitely to be celebrated. Keep going!

Hi ladies sorry I’ve been absent but I haven’t been feeling very well lately. I had a nasty reaction to some new tablets and could eat properly for just over a week and as a consequence I lost 5 lbs but needless to say when I weighed myself last week I’d put a pound back on but it’s still 4 lbs down on where I was before. Slowly feeling a bit better now and hope that the scales are kind to me on Friday.

The men make you cross sometimes don’t they Caroline @Caroleecrafts . If my husband puts any weight on he just misses lunch on 1 or 2 days and it’s gone again.

1 Like