What and when was your first sale?

I’m not sure, I was here in 2008 and I remember feeling really please that Folksy opened as I had been wanting to join the dark side but you needed to register a credit card (I think) back then to be able to join but I didn’t have one and it wouldn’t accept my debit card. Then one of the Mums on the school run told me about Folksy!
I opened shop in 2008, had that one sale and then I just abandoned my shop until I decided to give the business a good go in 2010…the rest is history!

Joy, your shop was opened on 9 April 2009 - so yes, almost time for an 10th anniversary!

The first shop to open that still exists now is Asking for Trouble, which was opened by Marceline Smith on 6th July 2008 - https://folksy.com/shops/askingfortrouble

We actually ran an interview with Marceline here a few years ago where she told us what Folksy was like for her at the beginning https://blog.folksy.com/2015/07/27/asking-for-trouble-the-story-of-the-first-ever-shop-on-folksy

3 Likes

Ooh, I’m just going to read that interview :slight_smile:

Can you tell me what date I opened please Camilla @folksycontent (sorry, I know that you’ve got better things to do!) I was going to run a 10 year giveaway but never managed to get round to it…I think I’m going to do a belated one!

1 Like

Ha! Here you go Sarah - your shop was created on 23rd July 2008, so it’s one of the very first!

3 Likes

Thanks so much Camilla xx

Thanks Camilla. I’ll put in on my wall chart :slight_smile:

3 Likes

11 year giveaways are so “in” at the moment!

5 Likes

Hehe…yeah,I thought they were! That’s what I planned!

3 Likes

How lovely that you’re one of the oldest shops Sarah @thedotterypotter

My first sale was this toiletry bag back in May 2015. It took 7 months after opening my shop to make my first sale but I wasn’t really promoting it back then as I was concentrating on making stock and getting my first few craft fairs under my belt.

https://folksy.com/items/6547584-Red-flower-toiletry-bag

2 Likes

7 months - wow! You were patient! Lovely bag!

2 Likes

My first sales were last night! I’m new here so very excited about making a sale.

6 Likes

Thought I’d look this up! My first sale was almost 6 years ago (12/3/13); not sure when I opened my shop but I think it was a few months before. Was very excited, then was quite stressed getting it made and posted. Quickly made the decision to have most of my products available to sell (as originally was all made to order).

2 Likes

can folksy tell me when I joined please?
thanks x

My first sale was on 30/07/2017 and it was a tea cosy.

My shop opened on 11/7/12 but this is actually my 2nd shop. I decided on a name change and when the plus account was introduced i thought that was the perfect time to start again.

My first sale with this shop was for a pom pom maker set on 18/7/12.

Pom-Pom-Maker-3-Sizes-in-1-Whitecroft

I used to sell a few supplies back then alongside my knitting and crochet but i don’t anymore.

On 27/7/19 i made my 390th sale :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

First item I sold was this card ( actually one of three bought by the same customer) which came a week after my shop opened (7/5/17). They went missing in the post would you believe it, despite being sent first class! I sent out three different replacements (customer request) which turned up a day after the original lot :joy: As this was more than 10 working days I’d already applied to RM for a reimbursement. Which turned up two days later haha! So effectively I sold six cards ( as customer paid me for the replacement three when the originals turned up!) and got money back from the RM.

Opened my store last week , made my first sale the day after and received feedback already . Very happy Seller - Check out my store Retrosheep

1 Like