What are your plans for the weekend?

on a different note…what are your plans for the weeknd? Astrid.x

It’s nice to think of the weekend, tomorrow is midweek after all. I’m hoping to go walking, not sure where yet though. I want to do some more art with my Derwent Artbars too. What are you planning for the weekend Astrid?

2 Likes

I’ll probably will be doing some cleaning up after having a decorator in for 10 day’s. Then once that’s done I may get on with some crafting, I have a couple of orders I need to get done and then build up my stock ready for a Craft Fair in November.

I’m going to a local farmers market bright and early on Saturday morning followed by a scrummy cooked breakfast at the Toby carvery :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’m not too sure what the plan is for Sunday. Would be nice to have a bit of a lie in followed by bead making :0)

Karen :rainbow:

1 Like

I’ve just qualified as a Fitsteps dance fit instructor and I’m doing a taster session demo thing on Saturday prior to starting my classes next week. Will also be having a go at other people’s demo classes. I’ve got my eye on the Flamenco class in particular.

2 Likes

Sitting in the sunshine, drinking Champagne and eating choccies in Belgium and going to see the Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate World War Memorial in Ypres.

Then the world is my oyster - well for 2.5 weeks in Europe anyway!

I’ve always liked Flamenco dancing Amanda @chicita.

Enjoy your weekends everyone.

4 Likes

Hi @WhimsyWooDesigns, have you ever been to Ypres before to the Menin Gate. It’ll be quite a moving event I’m sure. We have some friends who used to be the War Grave Commissioner and they used to live in a house right near the gate and when we visited them we walked over to the gate to have a look around. It was very moving.
Hope you have a good weekend.

I’ll be super busy, we have an American student coming to stay for a week. We’ve had many students stay over the years, it’ll be nice to have one who has English as her first language! Weather permitting it’ll be Liverpool museums including the Beatles museum on Saturday and Blackpool pleasure beach and illuminations on Sunday.

I shall be working , making stock for “the holiday season” and getting my daughter ready for her first day back at school.

I’m off to Festival No. 6!! Whoop whoop :))

1 Like

a walk in the countryside…i might go down to Kent I have relatives there.I love Nonnington in the sumemr all the wild poppies are in the fields.lovely blue skys might do a drive as well.xx

We will be taking our daughter to Uni to start her first year. She’s not too far away though so I will be able to visit. After her being in Spain working this should be easier, I hope. Liz

2 Likes

We’re hopefully going to one of the local farm shop to refill our chest freezer (we always empty & defrost it before going on holiday just in case of a power cut) and as both the ones we use most have very nice cafes then it might be a 'full English Breakfast after :slight_smile:

I think I’m going to have to help my OH put up some new fences in the garden- they’ve just been delivered and are looming outside! Last weekend we had to spray our carpets against a moth infestation. Oh, the joys of being a house-owner!..Hope I get a bit of time to do something nice.

All the best with the fencing Christine I hope it doesn’t fight back like some of our panels did in all the wind.

For us it will depend how far we are on flooring of the conservatory.

So far the membrane is down about to go down in about 10mins is the insolation boards, then the heating pipes for the under floor heating pipes, then we have to mix the Screed in the concrete mixer and put that on top. It has to be left for 7 days before we can tile it although it can be walked upon after 3 days after laying the Screed down.

I’m learning lots and will be operating the concrete mixer, just I’m a bit worried I might get the mix wrong. DH has given me a sheet of instructions and is going to show me how to do the first couple of mixes until I’m more confident I’m doing it correctly.

I feel exhausted just reading about it, Eileen! Hope it goes well!

Thanks Christine it’s a big learning curve but will be wonderful when it’s completed.

We still have a kitchen to put in the present one was old and falling apart when we bought the house 13years ago but we couldn’t afford to replace it.

We’ve re plumed and re wired the whole house. I had the job of demolishing the cowboy built sunroom and utility room. We’ve put in a new bathroom. We still have to lay a new floor in the hallway and living room.

Oh the pains of owning a house, but I just want my house to be completed now as I’m a bit fed up of all the building work.