What do you put in your Profile?

I wanted to put something about the processes that I use when making my items for sale so I’ve put them in the ‘Profile’

It’s made it look a little long. I didn’t want just say ‘if you wish to know more about …’ then go to my blog as that take them away from the site. I did want to reinforce the fact that I make them and I care about finishing etc… What do you do? Am I fussing about this too much?

Any advice?

Julia

It’s a little long but on the other hand it shows that you’re passionate about what you do and expresses to me that if I bought from you I could expect high quality goods handmade by someone who cares deeply about how they are made. Don’t fret about it, it’s fine :smile:

1 Like

“Meet the maker” is for me about the person behind the shop. If there is anything that is about the products in particular, I would look for them in the product listing itself, as it may help inform and sell the item.

It is quite long but I think if you took out some of the spacing/blank lines it would make it easier to read, as well as looking shorter?

Plus, you’ve repeated yourself a bit, eg you’ve said you’re in Northamptonshire twice… I usually find if I read through something I’ve written I can make it shorter without losing anything.

I was going to say much the same as Helen @HelenSmith. What you’ve said is valid/useful but there is room to condense it. Following another shop’s example, I recently added various shipping info to mine because there didn’t seem to be anywhere else to fit it in and I felt it should be there… BTW I lived in Raunds and HF many years ago :smiley:

Thank you. I’ll make it shorter and a bit more concise. I seem to have a talent for going on a bit… :smile:

Have a great day.

Julia

Thank you for reading your way through it :slight_smile: I’ll re-work it and make it a little shorter. It isn’t always easy to know where to put things for the best. I was hoping that it might five the impression that I’d thought it through a bit.

I lived in HF too years ago… we seem to making our way up the valley. I never seem to meet anyone who ‘makes’ that also lives around this area. They must all be hiding.

Have a great week.

Julia

It does give the impression you’ve thought it through, Julia. I tend to write things in stages, so that when I go back to it, I’m looking at it fresh as if I’m reading someone else’s work. I always find it much harder to write my own stuff than to edit another’s. I’m sure my own profile would benefit from more work… always something more important to do!

It was when I lived in Northants that I first started going to craft fairs. I used to love Crafts at Higham, which had a high standard, but I think it stopped years ago.