What I'm liking about the new forum

I’m slowly getting used to the new set up around here - it just made me want to cry at first as being a dinosaur, I’m not good with change.

But would you like to know what I like most? I’m seeing lots of new (to me) faces and I’m visiting loads of new shops and seeing some really lovely things. I buy all my gifts from Folksy, so it’s great to have even more choice for when the next birthday comes around.

So a great big hello to everyone on here. If I haven’t visited your shop yet, then I most certainly will be doing.

Handmade rocks!

Liz
x

8 Likes

Agree with this Liz, there seems to be lots more people here than there used to be on the old forums.
Great to get to see even more fab shops :smile:

At first I didnt like the change but once I found my way around I do really like it. It 's great being able to post pictures so easily

1 Like

I think it will be great when we get used to it. I found it a bit daunting at first but I am gradually finding my way about although I still cannot link my pictures to the listing page but have got round it I think. I am also finding I am being encouraged to read other links and this leads to finding out about more people and different shops - must be a good thing.

I never used the old forum - shame on me :wink: - so can’t compare but all the same i am daunted by all the options … :blush:

Hi Liz! Yes, I’m just the same with anything new, but I agree, there’s so much to see and so many people (both new and familiar) the new forums are great! :smile:

1 Like

I like the fact it is easy to use and that the categories are mixed together - this way I am meeting new Folksters that I wouldn’t have met before by just sticking to Craft Talk as I always did. I am finding it lovely and easy to use and much quicker too.

Thank you Folksy!

Jacqueline x

1 Like

I hated the new forum at first. I don’t really do change but I have persevered and it was worth it. It is getting simpler and I too have been checking out all the sections.Once you get the hang of it, it is actually much easier to navigate than the old one and I can see that I will be spending a lot of time here when I should be sewing LOL So a big thank you to Folksy admin for producing this.

Nora Xx

1 Like

I agree with you Liz! We have a whole new source of friends here! Cool isn’t it? :smiley:

Lizzie
LizzieMade Hand Bound Books

Very cool! Good job, Folksy!! :smiley:

I am getting used to it too. I think I prefer it. Photos are much easier to upload and nice to see lots of different names on the forums. I would like to be able to get to their shops more easily. I always used to click on the avatars to get to the shops and found that very useful. I am also using the different forums. I never used to go on ’ Fancy a Cuppa’.
Pauline.
https://beta.folksy.com/shops/Thecraftycurioshop

Yes I was daunted at first but at least we are all in the same boat! I felt like a bit of a numpty when I first started joining in the old forum as everyone else seemed to know exactly what to do! I am also seeing a lot of new faces and looking at new shops so that has got to be good.
Rosalind x
https://beta.folksy.com/shops/MyfanwysMiscellany

Just getting round to joining in on the forums again. At first I thought oh no…why have they changed it and it seemed so chaotic, but now just browsing through I am beginning to actually think it is for the better and certainly the images are a lot easier to load. I think its just a case of joining in and going with the flow.

https://beta.folksy.com/shops/jazzyjane1

2 Likes

After being on holiday for over a week it is taking some time to get used to again, especially as more is happening. I try to buy as many presents from here too so it is good to see different people joining in :smile:
https://beta.folksy.com/shops/dikeeblebeadsandjewellery

1 Like

Hi, @Thecraftycurioshop, The tech guys are working on the link to the shops. In the meantime you can put your shop on your profile, so that anyone can click through from there. I’ve noticed that people are putting external web address down, but I think it’s better to have your Folksy shop as your web address.
A lot more people are on these forums than were on the old one, so it’s great to “meet” so many new faces.

Liz
x

Thank you Liz. I have done what you suggested.
Pauline.

I have finally updated my shop to the new look, I have to say it looks much fresher :wink:

I love being able to see everything at once, but also that everything’s ‘sorted’ into the different boards. I always felt with the old forum that there was a problem between wanting to keep threads relevant to the board, and where all the action was. For example, postings on the promo board were largely ignored because most people only ventured in there to post their promo, so the board was a bit useless.

Now you can can either sort threads for yourself, or just scan the list of everything. Perfect!

Oh, that and it looks like it should be easier to find threads you’ve posted in. At last!

I’ve decided that I Love this new Forum! It’s easy to use, full of nice people :wink: and there’s interesting stuff in every category. I could develop a Talk Folksy habit… ooops!

Lizzie
LizzieMade Hand Bound Books

i haven’t been posting much, but i’m definitely lurking a whole lot more!
it’s great not having to scroll around looking for threads you were following and then scroll about trying to find where you were up to. my rsi-mouse finger loves the new format! :smile:

1 Like