What other hobbies do you have?

So many replies! It’s really interesting to see how diverse we all are!

Thanks for all the messages about the half marathon. I didn’t do it as fast as I wanted as I’ve been ill. Yesterday I went to the doctor and he’s put me on antibiotics. He’s surprised I was out of bed, never mind a HM at the weekend!

@coatimundi my mum loves making curtains so I delegate those to her. It’s very handy.

@OrchardFelts I only started running in 2015 in my forties, not something I thought I’d ever enjoy! I only did it to prove I could.

@GreenwoodMakes I dabbled in geocaching last summer, mixed in with Pokemon Go with my youngest. It’s good fun but I get incredibly frustrated if I can’t find it!

@TeodoraPaintings I love foreign films, especially foreign horror. I can’t turn away if I have to see what they are saying!

3 Likes

I love Greyhounds too! @erkinwald

1 Like

I’m very impressed with how active you all seem to be! I tend more towards laziness :wink:

I haven’t had much time for a wide range of hobbies these last four or five years as I became a full-time carer for my husband… but during that time I started to keep chickens and they’ve become my obsession although I only have five. My two Border Collies are very good at taking up a lot of time - mostly in a good way!

The garden has become a run-down wilderness so I’m looking forward to longer daylight hours and hopefully at some point it will stop raining every other day so I can start to tidy it up a little. I’d like gardening to become a hobby and I’m planning a herb garden area.

I’m an avid reader of everything from cookery books to fantasy to Anglo Saxon history. I also lull myself to sleep each night with a few games of Scrabble on an app. I also have a thing for butterflies and moths and enjoy watching and identifying them when they visit.

Hmm… maybe I have more hobbies than I thought!

Jill

2 Likes

I think lots of us don’t consider our pasttimes as hobbies.

My mum bakes cakes all the time. She would never consider it a hobby but she bakes 3 or 4 times a week. She will give them to her grandchildren, charity events and then freeze some ready for ‘an emergency’.

1 Like

Very impressed at your half marathon - feel tired just walking back from my village some days!!
I have just taken up archery, I like to imagine I am a warrior princess as I lift the bow (not really… well, maybe a bit!!) but the course is run by a fair few no nonsense characters so when asked what inspired me to give it a try I told them it was the Olympics! Quite interesting pushing myself outside my comfort zone as I usually stick to learning new skills within the creative arena but am really enjoying it, although did have a bit of a wobble on the first day as I was driving to the course and exclaimed out loud to myself “What the hell are you doing?!” Turns out I’m not terrible but don’t think Team GB (or any beleaguered villagers for that matter) will be enlisting me any time soon.

3 Likes

I play cornet in a brass band and I love it! So when I’m not sewing, which is nearly always, I’m playing with the band. My husband says he has to make an appointment to see me :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Congrats! On the running Caroline.
I play Violin/fiddle, and have been a Traditional Folk Singer for approx. 40yrs.
As I hail from Edinburgh, I play Scottish/Irish Traditional Music and my Songs are of that ilk too. I love all the stories in the Songs,as most are historical fact. :smile:
My other Hobbies,when I have time, are, Painting Water colours ,Land Sea and Air.
Embroidery and knitting.

2 Likes

@hazydaisy I am so jealous. I would love to be able to sing. I am tone deaf!

I very rarely walk anywhere. It’s as if my legs don’t know how to do it now. I drive or run!

I’ve never done archery, but I did some shooting in Vegas last year. I was much better than my husband. Apparently the women are better than the men on the whole because the men get over excited and the women are more technical in their approach.

1 Like

Hi there,
Please don’t be envious, as all Musicians or Singers need Listeners,
without a Listener we wouldn’t really have motivation to play/sing.
So Listeners are Very as Important .:slight_smile:
x