What to make next?

Help! Im in an unusual situation that I have nothing in my bench waiting for me! I can’t decide what to make next🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat, think I’ll be sketching tulips, they’ll be out soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love tulips, they are so classy.
I’m going to a botanical drawing class tomorrow so hopefully some inspiration will come from that.

1 Like

This happens to me all the time…I sort through all my fabric and hope I get inspired. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don’t! If I make a sale then it often motivates me to make something similar…but sometimes I go days wthout making anything because I just can’t decide what to make. :roll_eyes:

It’s so frustrating!
Luckily the kids are off next week so that will keep me busy x

1 Like

Just had a look through your shop to see what you haven’t got yet, I could easily imagine a jellyfish in your style! That wire could make some great wiggly tendrils.

1 Like

Thank you. Oooo I’ve just got some new holographic resin pigment too

1 Like

I always have 5 or 6 pieces on the go at once.

Something I found useful is to keep at notebook. When I’m inspired I write down ideas, or pictorial notes, of things I’d like to make. Invariably I forget if I don’t write it down, and that way I always have some ideas.

4 Likes

Great idea, mind you I forget to do the writing down. I have an idea in the back of my head but currently working on a commission which is giving me trouble. I think it will be finished soon.

1 Like

Whenever I have nothing on my bench (or can’t face what’s on my bench) I go down the allotment. Since I know you’ve recently started allotmenteering have you got your potatoes/ onions/ spring planting garlic/ broadbeans in and your ground ready for everything else? And weeded/ mulched any fruit bushes/ strawberry plants/ rhubarb/ raspberry canes. Planted early salad crops under cloches and other seeds in trays on a window sill or greenhouse? The bugs and seedlings may inspire you.

2 Likes

It won’t stop raining!! All my windowsills are full of pots. We are trying to build a shed/store thing atm so going to work on that tomorrow. X

1 Like

I know how wet it’s been here in Cambridge (supposedly the dryest part of the country) so I can only imagine how bad it is in Wales. Maybe a welly boot brooch in sparkly resin for all the frustrated gardeners sat inside peering at the rain?

4 Likes

Sorry I can’t help you but you can tick some off my list if you wish :laughing: :rofl: I have too many ideas …hope you have found some inspiration, something summery perhaps

1 Like