Can you have 'writers block' in crafting?

I have been doing a stock take for the past few weeks -not constantly I might add :smile: but just a few hours here and there when I would otherwise be actually making.

I have a notebook full of ideas and all the supplies to make things but I seem to be treading water and not doing it. Anyone else get like that?

2 Likes

Yes, all the time!! I’m forever buying new beads (love the search) but sometimes think I have too many. I have boxes and boxes of them , get them all out to get creative and probably just make a couple of things. As I have said, think I have too many to choose from - too much time looking and not enough making.

4 Likes

Oh yes sometimes even having some great idea’s in my little black book I sometimes can’t settle down to do anything. I either do a tiny bit on this project or that project or find ‘other’ things to do.

I’ve been like that for the last week but now I’ve finally got a couple of little items out of the way that aren’t for my shop I’m now back working on something that is for my shop.

2 Likes

Yes me too. I have lots of ideas jotted down and I’m raring to go, and then I sit down at my work table look at everything around me and then sometimes I just can’t focus on what it is I want to make.

I find making a cup of tea and sitting away from all of my crafting clutter helps.

Karen

3 Likes

Oh thank goodness I thought I was the only one who kept going through and looking at my beads :grinning:

I used to be the same with fabric, maybe I’m cut out to be more of a collector :confused:

2 Likes

Ah but at least you’ve managed to do something Eileen :smile: I’ve made yet another cup of tea and told myself I must make something today.

:smile:Thank’s I’m getting there but I’ve also realized I’ve mislead part of it now grrrr

1 Like

Snap with the tea- and yes, I think when I’ve finished bead counting I’ll be clearer on my work table and will be able to get on :smiley: (hopefully)

I am doing what I call my Bargain Hunt /Doctors scarf but that’s very slow going as I only watch the last few mins of Bargain Hunt and find Doctors so absorbing I forget to knit.

2 Likes

Happens to me all the time. I’m full of wonderful ideas and raring to go but then I get distracted and never actually get started. One of my major distractions is spending too much time on here!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Boy oh boy, you’ve hit the nail on the head!
I have a little gold book of bright ideas, 2 baskets of wool, colour coordinated

But I am prevaricating over colours for a new clothes hanger with a large mug of tea

Humph!
Suzzie x

2 Likes

All the time - especially when I have a day off work and have planned to spend it crafting, I often end up just procrastinating! I have lots of lists of things I want to make but quite often when I sit down to get on with them I end up making something completely different!

Yes I get it too

@OrchardFelts Yes exactly. Just listed something (machine made) on eBay- now I have to walk my cuddly boy :blush: This isn’t what was planed for the day!

@thistledownandHOPE , I love those blues in that wool :slight_smile:

@PocketfulCreations _ I never come on here :wink: :grinning:

1 Like

It’s nice to know I’m in good company :smile:

1 Like

Ha Sarah @plainprimitives thats maybe why I am in a blue mood, maybe I need to get a pop of colour in there to get those creative juices flowing again! Then maybe the tea will stop flowing and instead the yarn will flow over and around the needles again! Maybe…
Suzzie x

I’ve actually been quite good today for a change and stuck to my list - not completed it by any means but at least I didn’t veer off at a tangent! Rather a lot of coffee drunk mind you!

Maybe some knitted poppies? Hark at me telling others what to do while I still haven’t gone back to my craft table :blush:

Ah you see, I can’t have coffee as I’d never settle to anything, but then again I haven’t settled to anything so every thing’s pointing towards this evening ! I will do something.

what a hard task master you are Sarah @plainprimitives I was hoping it was wine o’clock, suppers in the oven and I spied a drop of white hidden in the fridge!!
Suzzie x

2 Likes

I definitely get this too.
I have been sitting infront of my beads all afternoon and some how I picked up the scarf I’m knitting for a friend.
I really do need to start make some new bits as I have stalls next week
Eek.
Also want to list some new bits and bobs.
But brain doesn’t want to work.