What's everyone cooking for tea? :)

Yep- that sounds exactly the same. Haha

My Hubby doesnā€™t cook in the kitchen, but mention BBQ and he turns into an expert :unamused:

4 Likes

I love cooking. My husband has lost 7 stone by eating smaller, healthier meals, and walking about 11 miles at a time.
He looks so much better and he feels great.
Iā€™ve adjusted my cooking to be more healthier and it benefits us all.

I try to find lots of recipes from the Internet, and I have a huge collection of cook books. I love trying new things.
If we find something we really enjoy I cook it a few times :wink:

Iā€™m making a slow cooked pork tenderloin today with apples and a lovely sauce I found online. Served with steamed veggies and a few homecooked roast potatoes.

i will be ready for that after my walk :smile:

Have a lovely Sunday

Karen x

4 Likes

Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery my father used to be like that but then as a chief he was used to staff cleaning up around him.

Thankfully DH isnā€™t bad in the kitchen but still defers to me and isnā€™t afraid to ask if heā€™s not sure about cooking times.

When Iā€™m cooking heā€™s bit too quite in taking equipment away to wash up. I turn around and heā€™s got something Iā€™m still using into the sink amid a sea of bubbles.

Itā€™s chops with Boulanger potatoes and vegetables on this cold, snowy day!! Thatā€™s assuming I donā€™t get too carried away with my knitting of course!! :wink:

1 Like

A little slice of quiche tonight with homemade chips and salad :0)
Looking forward to that.

Karen

I have some steak and kidney in the fridge and might make a pie (donā€™t think my youngest will be impressed!)

Absolutely nothing - its the OHā€™s turn as I cooked last night (and Iā€™ll be at yoga anyway). I think he is planning something with salmon and sugar snap peasā€¦

I was going to cook a winter warmer seeing as it snowed her today, of sausages, roast new pots, leeks and onion gravy.
BUT going to the freezer to get said sausages out, it appears they have all gone!!!
So any suggestions for bacon, tea cakes and peas would be most welcome!!
Bon Apetit
Suzzie x

Toast and eat the tea cakes with great glee and lashings of butter whilst you cook risotto with bacon, peas and some of the leeks in the original meal plan and a stock cube or 2. Or toast and eat the tea cakes whilst making a spanish style omelette with bacon, potatoes, leek and peas. Do not let on that the tea cakes ever existed and if anyone asks you did not eat them (weā€™ll keep that bit between us).
Enjoy
Sasha

1 Like

Oh you are an inspiration, however larder is VERY empty, alas no risotto rice, but a packet of couscous, and I have to say I really donā€™t like eggsā€¦soā€¦ what I am cooking for tea tonight is;
Bacon and leek cousotto!
( trying my hardest to ignore tea cakes, as I would dearly love to loose 1/2 stone, working very hard at it and I donā€™t want to cave in now)
Ready Steady Cook eat ya heart out
many thanks Sasha,
Suzzie x

1 Like

I normally do my risotto with basmati rice (canā€™t be arsed with keeping 2 types of rice in the cupboard) but will admit to having made cousotto on occasion as well (if you have pine nuts try adding just a sprinkling over the top when you serve for a little bit of crunch). Cousotto is also good baked into squashes or marrows with a little grating of hard cheese (parmesan or similar) over the top.
Tea cakes? what tea cakes? There are no tea cakes so you are not missing anything.

1 Like

Roast dinnerā€¦nom nom!! Chicken, roast parsnips, roast potatoes of courseā€¦gravy and veg!! :-)ā€¦actually, Iā€™d better start cooking it ā€¦:slight_smile:

Moroccan chicken for us tonight.
Chicken thighs (skinless and boneless) covered in Ras-el-Hanout (total favourite) and cooked in a pan on the hob with added onions, olives, stock and a squeeze of honey and a lemon. Cook the stock/sauce down while it in turn cooks the chicken and then have some some sweet potato mash on the side. Delicious and super easy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Home made not from a jar veggie Bolognese made with quorn mince, red wine, veggie stock, onions, grated carrot, herbs and usually mushrooms but Iā€™ve none left.

It will be served tonight with fusilli pasta. mmmm canā€™t wait itā€™s smell so good :blush:

Shepherdā€™s pie in the oven, smelling good already.

Cousottoā€¦gone!
Delish.
Suzzie x

1 Like