Folksy Ltd

When it goes a bit wrong!

(francescaburke) #1

I couldn’t find another thread, feel free to merge if there is one! I think I fluffed an order earlier and sent a customer 5 pencils instead of the 3 they ordered. I have a cold and had 4 orders across 2 platforms so my brain is sludge. :joy: I sent the customer a message telling her to keep the spares if I got it wrong!

What’s the silliest thing you’ve ever done with an order? I read on another site once that someone accidentally mailed their scissors with an order and the customer shipped them back. :joy:

(Brenda Cumming) #2

I don’t think I have done anything silly yet…but there is still time…lol

(Martine Brumwell) #3

This wasn’t an order but I once gave my friend’s daughter a pinafore dress for Christmas and when she opened it on Christmas morning she asked her mum why I had given her a pair of scissors for Christmas with the dress - I wondered where they had got to when I was wrapping my parcels :blush:

( Carol ) #4

In my early days I sold knitting yarn. I had two customers both order a single ball of yarn in different colours. Yes, I mixed the address labels so they received each others! They were both very nice and offered to just send them both to each other but it was my mistake so I allowed them to keep what I had sent and I sent them their correct order.

(francescaburke) #5

It’s nice they were okay with it - I’ve had orders go askew in the postal system, bent over backwards to fix it and had absolutely no thank yous or acknowledgement.

(Susan Bonnar) #6

One of my first Folksy sales was a large album and I wanted to take a photo of it before it was packaged up. Because the cover slanted down from the spine I popped a pair of little socks under it so I could get the photo with it looking straight! Then of course I managed to post the album with the socks still inside! Thomas the Tank Engine lol! Scary that actually that was in 2010 - the sock owner is now 16! The customer thought it was funny!

(francescaburke) #7

Haha! Did they send the socks back?

(Susan Bonnar) #8

No - although I think they did offer! I did have to replace though for my Son!