Where are all the shoppers?

My views are still way down, just started to promote on Twitter and Craftjuice to see if it will make a difference. Views and sales in the past eight weeks have been the worst since joining Folksy a year ago.

I had two sales over the weekend. Unheard of for the longest time around here ā€¦ views are up a little too. Maybe, just maybe, the tide is thinking about turning? Iā€™m ready with my floaty arm bands if it is!!

Well done Melanie. I think its been a funny year for lots of folks, having to watch the pennies. But Christmas is a time to spend, hopefully, because a handmade item will be something to treasure. Marg. x

Itā€™s not just here, believe me. I am on several sites and tā€™s been dire the last couple of months. Even my best online gallery site where I have been selling consistently all year ā€˜diedā€™ in September for some reason. Itā€™s like I have become invisible. Canā€™t really offer any suggestions - I too am miffed.

2 Likes

It also helps if the site itself is promoted by the owners!

6 Likes

Still no shoppers, some views, but probably mainly me! Fed up.

3 Likes

Same here, never known it so quiet. Just tumbleweed rolling around in my shop.

3 Likes

Does anyone sell anything on here though? when I mean sell I mean a good amount, not just one item a month. Like most on here, I want to support a british business, but if the site isnā€™t being known about, how will they find us. I have done all the promoting, i get fed up with doing it! I spend more time on that than making anything new.

3 Likes

Yes, there are plenty of us who sell good numbers on here. 2 and a half years - 700 sales.

1 Like

Me too. Been here since early Folksy days. First sale 5th May 2009.
1008 more since.

Hope this encourages those of you who think itā€™s not a good place to be selling.

3 Likes

Odd though, I had more sales last October than this - no change really to my style - perhaps thatā€™s my issue - Iā€™ve also been around for a while, since 2009.

We used to have a thriving ā€œWhat have you sold today?ā€ thread. I think if it were revived, only Joy and Sara would be on it!.. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sudden blip in my downward spiral with 5 sales in three days, albeit 2 return customers and yet looking at my page views no one is viewing - :smiley:

Just bought an item from a folksy shop and was asked after checkout how I rated my experience and how likely I was to recommend Folksy, then given the opportunity to share my experience on social media? is this new or have I just recommended a single trader on here?

Think that might be something you can set up on Paypal but Iā€™ve now worked out how to do it.

1 Like

Hi Everyone. Iā€™m new to Folksy. I opened my shop in October but have had no sales and donā€™t seem to have many viewings. My Halloween goodies didnā€™t even sell. I have also noticed even at craft fairs these days people are looking but not buying so much. Years ago I used to sell so much more. I guess Rome wasnā€™t built in a day so Iā€™m trying not to get too disheartened.

I bought from a couple of shops about two weeks ago and it popped up . So fairly new I think.

I assumed it was a Folksy thing, but if Joy is right maybe not.

1 Like

Hi Sue @TattsTreasures your shop is lovely, there are lots of posts about marketing yourself so dont be too disheartened. x

Thanks Rachel @ Greenwood Makes. Love your shop too. Iā€™m going to put some Christmas things into my shop this week and set up a facebook page, maybe that will help. It does make you lose a bit of confidence when viewings are so few but hopefully sales will pick up for everyone with Xmas fast approaching :smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just spotted that you have a sale - on the Front page. xx