Where are your shop visitors coming from?

We haven’t done one of these threads for a while, so I thought it would be interesting to see where your shop visitors are coming from and why?

A high percentage of mine come from the Folksy forums as I take part in the daily 365 listing challenge, this also accounts for most of the pinterest visitors too.
I do most of my promotion on Facebook and also more recently on Instagram too - so they are fairly high.

What would be most interesting to me is to know where the misc views are coming from. I do occasionally look at my google analytics to try and figure it all out but it confuses me too much!

2 Likes

I haven’t been promoting my shop for a few months now but I’m going to start pushing it again (wanting to leave the other site)

Over the past couple of days I’ve been updating listings ready to start promoting again and join in with the daily listing, so a lot of these views (the misc?) will be my own. I was happy to see Google up there though so hopefully I’m doing something right :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Do notice that when I spend the time promoting do better. Back bad atm so not doing much of anything. No excuse really as can sit at the computer!!!

1 Like

I always have good intentions to use Twitter more but for some reason, I always end up forgetting about it! Does anyone get lots of views from their Twitter account?

1 Like

I am bad and forget Twitter must start that up again. You have giving me a kick up the behind, thank you x

1 Like

I use Twitter a lot but I’ve recently been promoting the other side. I’ll post my stats again next week and see.

1 Like

Must admit to not paying much attention to stats but it’s always good to have this info.

1 Like

Over what period are these stats?

1 Like

In our case the past 30 days. We’re not primarily internet sellers and probably just as well with statistics like that :grin:

2 Likes

Ah right thanks :smile:

1 Like

I’ve been adding a few more items recently and sharing them on the forums as well as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!

I’m not sure what the misc section means - I thought I read it on here somewhere - I vaguely recall perhaps it’s views from mobile phones?

Cheers, Amanda

1 Like

Mine are over the last 30 days. You could look at your 7 day stats too if you promote in a similar way most of the time.

Probably lots of the folksy views will be me. But This is my 30 days. I tweet, and use ig. Not very active on fb tho.

You can definitely tell I started joining in the 365 thread again :joy:

I’m surprised to see instagram specifically showing up on other people’s stats (especially with so many for @thedotterypotter) because I know on other sites instagram clicks aren’t always shown unless it’s from the web version of the site. I had mine through a linktree, but after seeing that (and now I’ve decided I’m definitely focusing on Folksy) I’ve switched to a straight link… and clicked so I can check if I get an instagram view tomorrow.

I’m also surprised to see my website, I haven’t updated it for 4 years :sweat_smile: (other than putting a Folksy link on). I need to completely redo it, so that’s a good reminder to try and get it sorted this summer.

3 Likes

How funny - I have a direct link from Instagram but I was thinking about going through linktree - now you’ve made me think maybe it’s not a great idea as I do only really want to direct people to my shop as opposed to Facebook.

I have had my domain names for years but I never get round to setting up my own website - I keep asking my boys if they can do it for me but no such luck. I must stop being lazy and just get on with it myself!

These are mine. This just goes to show the value of the daily listing thread. Obviously, it’s pushed the forum to the top of my list but, more significantly, I’ve had a visitor from Twitter and I’m not on Twitter. Someone on the daily listing thread must have shared one of my items on Twitter - this shows the benefit of mutual promotion.

4 Likes

@thedotterypotter If you know you’d rather people go to your shop then I’d stick with it. Your shop has the link to Facebook if they really want to follow you there.

My problem is being cheap! My old website was done with basic HTML, but I thought with all these fancy page designers now I could make something better that should work well on all devices… but I’ve currently got free hosting, which is fine with HTML but doesn’t support all the fancy scripts things like Wordpress need, so I need to do some research to work out what my cheapest option is.

1 Like

Not many views here! I can’t join in the daily listings challenge, as there is no way I could make enough things, even though my head is full of ideas!

Here’s mine for last 30 days - I’ve only recently revived my shop!

What counts as Misc?!

Also, I do the majority of my promo on Twitter, but find it has little impact for me. I only have 250ish followers, but disheartening to try and tweet every day with no results haha. I’ve sold most of my items to people I know.

How about joining in with the weekly thread? I’m only able to join in with the daily listing because I’ve been doing this for 9 years and have built up enough stock. Some of my items take weeks to make.

2 Likes