Who runs Folksy

I have been a folksy shop owner for approximately half a year.
I wonder who is running it. Where and when it started. How many shops are there.
These are just a few questions I have.
@marjansart.

At the bottom of the Folksy Home Page there is a clickable link called The Folksy Story, plus other links that give the background to the team who run Folksy. This might answer your questions. If you have detailed questions, I suggest you use ‘contact us’ which will put you in touch with a member of the Folksy Team. Good Luck!

1 Like

Hi Marjan. Folksy was launched in 2008 and is run by a small team based in Sheffield (although we are all currently working from our homes, in Sheffield, Greater Manchester, Birmingham and Yorkshire). James Boardwell is our director, Doug is our Technical Lead, Clare and Kim run Support and I am the Content Lead. We also currently have three paid interns working for us, Charlotte, Ethan and Sophia, as well as a developer who is designing the new Folksy App!

Around 8,000 to 9,000 artists and makers sell with us every year, although not all these shops are active all year round. I hope that answers some of your questions.

These two articles tell you a bit more about us:

11 Likes

Thank you so much. I am pleased to be part of the folksy sellers